Discussion: 52% Of Americans Say Country Worse Off Under Trump, According To AP Poll

And the spray tan industry.

@beeliever - I sincerely hope you were on the streets where you were on January 21. The resistance has more tools than protest but so far it seems to me that the numbers of Americans who have turned out - in January and every time the neoNazis have turned out - are much larger numbers than I have seen since the 60s.

Nixon’s resignation had little and likely nothing to do with the protests. His abrupt ending of the Vietnam War was about the protests.

1 Like

The pig shit wrapped in lies clinches the greatness for this illustration. Btw, I couldn’t find a memorable euphemism for pig shit. For horses it’s horse apples or road apples; for cows it’s cow pies or cow patties or meadow muffins. Nothing for pigs. As Our President would say: SAD!

4 Likes

President Trump would be better off with a hair stylist that works with papier-mâché.

5 Likes

Make Atherosclerosis Great Again

2 Likes

you are fighting people with a huge sense of confirmation bias that helps them feel ‘safe’.

Yes, but if you think of this group as a large tapestry (metaphorically), I hope that some on the edges start questioning, start doubting, and then start listening beyond their confirmation bias bubble. Do that cycle enough times and the edges of the tapestry fray further and further eroding the size of the tapestry. Started happening towards the end of W’s first term and continued through his second term - which led to the wave elections of 2006, and 2008.

But that time the excuse was that the GOP “lost their way” because “W wasn’t really conservative - look at his big spending ways!” This time - with this particular vote - all of the GOP has thrown away the excuse of the problem being the top of the party leading the other pols away from ‘conservative small govt principles’. I am hoping bigger swaths of the tapestry begin to fray away - and that same old excuse (post 2008) inoculates some of those who leave the bubble from being drawn back into the bubble.

Call me both overly cynical and optimistic. I know - odd combination.

1 Like

Give it a few more months and it will be 70%.

3 Likes

I know squat about Tweeting. I retweet all the time, but that’s about it. I’ll take a look.

Try, try again! OK, took me two tweets because I left off @thunderclapnewman’s caption, but it’s in my stream now. I have like 8 followers, but they are mouthy.

4 Likes

The percentage of people saying the country is worse off is astonishing at a time when the unemployment rate is around 4%. You might think it took hard work and planning to make Americans who are working so unhappy with current conditions. Instead, Trump has made disappointing and angering Americans look easy.
The current economic stability accompanied by a rising stock market won’t stay as it is. When something bad happens to the economy and/or the stock market, there will be hell to pay. If that is accompanied by a Democratic Congress, it will be Donald Trump and his minions dong the paying.

2 Likes

Trump the destroyer!

Trump’s intent is to break America and to make her so weak, to allow Putin and his gangbusters to come in and take all of our wealth!

BEWARE, we have a Putin-Puppet navigating this shit!

3 Likes

As bad as 2017 was, hold on for a hell of a ride in 2018, we might be looking back fondly at 2017 and I consider myself optimistic –

1 Like

Only 52 %…this is low. Only 32% think he is better than a stinking pile of dung…

1 Like

I think you have to go (relatively) high brow with swine excrement.

2 Likes

He’s got to win an award for the worlds longest comb over!

2 Likes

EW!! A gross illustration…but so very, very fitting.

1 Like

“Just three in 10 Americans said the U.S. is heading in the right direction, and 52 percent said the country is worse off since Trump became president.”

What happened to Make America Great Again?

1 Like

It is disheartening to see such a low approval rating from a country who has a future with such potential. No matter what side of the line you stand on, a country of support with kind intentions will accomplish more than a country divided. I don’t see pig and hair jokes making a difference in our economy, tax prices or foreign diplomacy. Here are a few ways to ACTUALLY make change in your situation found at the tips of your fingers with a simple google search!
Register to act on behalf of a political party.
Here’s a starting place for Republicans. Here’s one for Democrats. Keep in mind your party has a state chapter, too. Not feeling the bipartisan vibe? Here’s a full list of established political parties, along with their missions and contact information.
Join a campaign
If you find a local politician who represents the change you want to see in your community, contact their office to figure out how you can get involved in the campaign! Maybe they’ll have you stuff mailers or put up signs or some other boring task, but the boring tasks is what actually gets stuff done.
Attend or organize rallies and events
Just make sure you’re safe and lawful. Alternately, there are always political talks and events going on, probably in your area. Look them up here.
Read up on American history and civics
USA.gov is your best friend. There’s history and civics there, but it’s just the beginning. Here’s a link to the National Constitution Center where you can read a word-for-word breakdown of the document. Here’s a link to the American History section of the Library of Congress. Go crazy.
Volunteer at a place that benefits your community
Ideally, you can align your volunteer work with your most important causes. Volunteer at church, at the local VA hospital, at a homeless shelter or at a school. The possibilities are endless, but this website is a good place to start.
Willingham, AJ. “25 Ways to Be Politically Active (Whether You Lean Left or Right).” CNN, Cable News Network, 23 Jan. 2017, www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/ways-to-be-more-politically-active-trnd/index.html.

Please don’t tell me that 48% think America is better off with Trump. Trump is not the problem then. It’s the sheeple.

1 Like

No wonder why he wears those dorky MAGA hats.

1 Like

What’s disheartening is that Trump lies all the time and his supporters actually believe the crap spewed out.

I blame the supporters for being so stupid

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available