Discussion: An Even Better Deal? Dems Unveil New Midterm Slogan After First One Tanked

As @tomanjeri pointed out, it’s flexible, not vague. Certainly not more vague than “A Better Deal” anyway - what deal? Who are you dealing with here? And better than what? It begs the listener to go listen to someone else’s ideas. Who knows, maybe there’s an “Even Better Deal” out there too.

2 Likes

That’s pretty good and I’m stealing that one.

2 Likes

For God’s sake, don’t make it sound like a challenge!

1 Like

4 Likes

Oh for eff’s sake. Someone send them a copy of Frank Luntz “Words that Work.”

Good points. I guess ultimately I’d settle for shoring up the existing social safety net and perhaps expanding Medicare. I didn’t think people in this country would tolerate the level of taxation that Bernie Sanders’ program suggested, so you’re likely right.

1 Like

I would fear they would try to sell be records.

It’s honestly one of the dumbest Beltway bullshit, concern trolling arguments I hear repeated constantly. The party out of power never has just one face of the party. There are many because there are many people jockeying for power, flirting with a presidential candidacy. That doesn’t get worked out until the presidential primary. Never has, and yet the media acts as though this is some new phenomenon that no party has ever faced.

3 Likes

That’s pretty damn weak. A better slogan would be “Enough it Enough!”

4 Likes

Hmm, random suggestions:

“It’s the constitution, stupid.”

“Democracy rules”

“Patriots not traitors”

“Vote now so you can vote later”

I need more coffee…

Fox and Friends listened!

1 Like

Probably not a good idea. “Both parties are basically the same” is the logic that seems to lead to a lot of GOTP victories.

1 Like

It must be the season for bad slogans. I live in Wyoming and the University of Wyoming is catching a lot of heat for its new slogan: “The world needs more cowboys.” Not only is it being criticized for being sexist, racist, and exclusionary, but also for the half million dollars the University paid a marketing firm to create it.

4 Likes

Does this even matter? What was the slogan for the 2014 midterms? Or 2006? I haven’t the slightest idea and I’d be astonished if anyone knew the answers without looking them up.

1 Like

It only needs to be one word: Justice

People can read into it anything they want. Whether it’s holding Trump and his collaborators responsible for the damage they’ve incurred, #metoo, social justice, virtually anything. Blue states need red meat too, and this would fit the bill. I’m a moderate by nature, but the Democratic party has tried that and we lost to Donald Trump. The party needs to give the people some catharsis.

3 Likes

kill your darlings

How about “Make America Great Again”. Cause USA ain’t great no more.

Maybe I wasn’t being entirely serious.

“Embarrassed enough yet?”

4 Likes

Not like some people wouldn’t seriously consider it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available