Discussion: AP Poll: Most Think Trump Has Illegally Or Unethically Colluded With Russia

Pierce always introduces any reference to “L’il Ricky” by stating “Have I mentioned that he’s still a colossal dick?”

2 Likes

There is generally so much deference that liars have a distinct advantage. It’s not a level playing field. You have to be excellent at it, and have the host let you do your thing.

5 Likes

Not sure what Pierce is getting at. Unlike which other currently non-dickish Republicans is Santorum still a dick? Missing something here.

2 Likes

Exactly. And you have to get asked to be there in the first place.

1 Like

Four in 10 Americans think the president has done something illegal when it comes to Russia, while an additional 3 in 10 say he’s at least done something unethical. And 68 percent disapprove of his response to the investigations…

I find it staggering that the vast majority of people in this country are casual observers of this entire investigation. Whatever their opinion is if T rump’s guilt or innocence, the sense that our entire democratic form of government is on the line is lost on nearly everyone. Guilt or innocence is limited to those two alternatives. Nothing more. Somehow, i feel like those of us who bother to even read the proceedings through places like TPM are in a small microcosm of the whole, where we are the only people who comprehend what’s truly happening to our country. Everyone can surely see what actually is happening, but that magnitude is lost on nearly everyone on the outside. I don’t get it.

4 Likes

The deeply divided country is more concerned about health care and the economy than any collusion with the Kremlin, according to a new poll by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. But the survey also shows that Americans are unhappy with the way Trump is dealing with the investigations led by Congress and special counsel Robert Mueller.

Well it is hard to focus on Washington when you're working three jobs to just keep a roof over your head and you have no health care.

~~~~~~~~~
“I feel like there are so many more important issues that we could be focusing on other than something that’s basically water under the bridge,” said Martina Childers, a 53-year-old Republican who lives in Colorado.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soooo, what about *continued* meddling in our politics? How many times has Trump met with Putin after the election and we only find out about it afterwards, from the Russian press?
2 Likes

I’m thinking about using that first chart, showing number of lies, as a motif in a knitting project. It actually forms a lovely pattern, though it’s based on lies.

Even with the NYT’s conservative definition, they don’t seem to distinguish between a falsehood and a mistake. Seriously, some of Obama’s statements don’t seem to meet even the faintest definition of a lie.

4 Likes

It’s always staggering to people like us who spend hours every day on a political blog comments board.

Other people have other priorities. I have a friend who is pregnant for the first time. She is brilliant and understands things, but right now she is only interested in her baby. That’s it and there are people getting married, graduating from school, with kids getting into college and they have other things to worry about.

When push comes to shove and there is really something to see they’ll be there.

4 Likes

It’s just so frustrating!!! :weary:

But, then again, it’s Friday. Almost beer o’clock. That is sure to take the edge off.

1 Like

I hope so.

This is why I generally hate polls. People really get invested in those results and I think, dear tsp, that America has been showing Trump and us since January 21, that this is not normal and will not be accepted as normal ever by the vast majority of us regardless of how much attention they pay to the details.

He’s down almost to a 30% approval rating. He can drop below that and watch him do it.

4 Likes

Hey. Monet saw the world through extreme cataracts, and he’s regarded as the Father of Impressionism. You can credit T rump for being the Father of Surrealism.

Twenty-nine is divine! Twenty-nine is divine!

3 Likes

Bite your soon to be beer-soaked tongue.

5 Likes

Do i have to???

IT HURTS!!! :sob:

1 Like

Producers and on-air talent might also get guilty pleasure from referring to “santorum” so frequently. I wouldn’t be able to stop giggling.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Trump and his Campaign not only Colluded with the Russians during the 2016 Presidential election. What Donald Trump and Russia did was conspired to steal an election by hacking Democratic DNC and campaign headquarters along with trolling all major social media outlets and posting Fake stories on Hillary and Democrats.

1 Like

Wait till they find out that russians are donating and paying his legal fees…

What you say makes sense. But I would like to note that I am sick & tired of the term “independent.” A better label is the one we use in New Mexico: “decline to state” (DTS). Your so-called “independents” are not aligned with the “Independent Party” or generally, with any party. They most definitely lean towards some political philosophy, but just don’t want to be listed as committing to it. Their votes are NOT up for grabs by whoever can be the most convincing. They aren’t actually “independent” by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course he has. Just like his ignition to grabbing women’s va-jay-jay’s, he’s a slippery one that one is. The trick is will we be a true democracy and holes this fascist pig this in the White House accountable? Where are all his accuser which will testify to the fact that he’s a sexual predator.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available