Discussion: At Republican Conference, Trump Slams Clinton For Recent Statement On Women

Can you even begin to imagine how much Hillary Clinton, former presidential candidate who lost to the ignormus who was elected by the Electoral College ,is hurting. Her husband was at the bottom of a scandal which spilled over into her political life, PP’s berated her since he began campaigning and now that he’s won he doesn’t how to be gracious and just shut the fuck up about her. Somewhere in his dino size brain he knows she won almost 3 million more votes than he did…

It makes no difference what she’s saying about women and their husbands’ influence. We lost the only chance we’ll ever to have to have a woman as president, and until she loses her American citizenship, she can say anything she wants.

14 Likes

Women running to win in 2018.

@ajm One of Clinton’s worst flaws as a politician is her tendency to tell the truth

It’s a flaw to tell the truth? Have we become so accustomed to a compulsive liar that truth is now a liability? Evangelicals have abandoned their own basic tenets of faith and religion by voting for him and standing by him. I’m not going to look at them as examples of what truth looks like.

8 Likes

Sure, she can please herself, and so can her critics, but where does that leave the public interest?

Can we get a statement from The Cyber Bully Cop about this issue with hubby peeing on himself in all his glory?
Probably not.

2 Likes

Unless you’re thinking anything she says will enhance the public interest, it’s a rhetorical question that doesn’t need to be asked. She’s a citizen and can spout off just as frequently, readily and even misguidedly (viz Bernie Sanders) as she wants.

5 Likes

Hey! I’m a Scott. Scotts want nothing to do with that…thing. Look at it from her perspective!

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Once again we’re letting Rs through the sheer power of their megaphone define us as a party and set standards as to what our philosophies should be. Basically, they should be more radical, more to the right, more nihilistic and less humanistic.

6 Likes

Case in point: The piece we’re responding to is about some awful shit PP said about both Clinton and Maxine Waters. Instead of taking him to task at all, instead of saying a damn thing about the obviously sexist and probably racist attack on Waters, the first instinct is to admonish Clinton. And then we act all shocked and surprised when the media does the same damn thing. There are different rules in large part because we’ve set different rules. Maybe this is a “chicken or the egg” kind of thing, but things will never change if we keep leap frogging over awful behavior committed by Republicans in order to be first to ding a Democrat.

ETA: PP gets away with it because he can and because Democrats are often too worried about what Republicans are gonna say/do in reaction to what they say.

9 Likes

Do you have a little Scotch in you? That’s always helpful at times like these.

5 Likes

Well, “misguidedly” is exactly the point.

(I don’t think anyone was arguing that she has no right to make misguided or even idiotic statements.)

Would it be sexist to call this a pink wave?

Thank God for the 1st Amendment! We’re perfectly free to trash her misguided everything.

She said this which everyone ignored. Now she says something inconsequential which PP is carrying to its nth degree only because he can.

@tsp Indications and predictions tell us it could be pink, or it be could be red, because we’re that furious.

14 Likes

‘Please’ correct me if I am wrong, but did not Zinke come up with some plan to ORDER power companies to use more coal and the industry watchdog ruled against it saying that it would make ‘everybody’ pay more for their electricity so there IS no plan to increase coal usage?

The fact is, the TRUTH is, that eastern US coal is just an ‘unattractive’ energy power source due to cost as well as cleanliness?

1 Like

Sadly, no. Not until 10:30 a.m. I’m still nursing my Wee Heavy Scotch Ale from breakfast. It’s a Highlander thing.

3 Likes

I’m tired of using psychology to try to figure out what is going on in Trump’s pumpkin head.

I don’t care about the psychology of the Trump family.

He’s a jerk who’s ‘proud’ of being a jerk and doing jerk-ish things.

No need to get into the weeds of his psyche. I don’t care if he was bottle-fed or breast-fed, toilet-trained too early or not. I’m sick of coming up with reasons for his behavior.

6 Likes

@evave2

Manchin’s likely to lose his seat in W.Va to Don Blankenship, former prison inmate and former head of Massey Energy who’s going to challenge Manchin by making the case he can restore coal mining to what it used to be

Do you live in NW Georgia like I do? We seem to have the same neighbors, mine appear to have lots of money for more trucks, cars and huge motorbikes than they can park on their property. They also have lots of guns which they proudly showed to me before I put the Obama signs up in my yard in 2008 . Since then I just get to see the front of the barrel when they point them at me.

5 Likes

Very, very true. Well said. On that last bit, though, i’d only add that so-called “liberal” news just isn’t as vitriolic as conservative news. To effectively counter the right-wing hate machine, the liberal media would have to lower their standards and sink to their level. I really do not want to go there because…what would be the consequences of that? Hate v Hate. I don’t want to ponder the outcomes of such a scenario. That could be a case of Be careful what you wish for. Getting it could have very unsavory consequences. Not stealing the song lyric here, but i could be wrong about that, but i could also be right. Regardless, is BAU any better an option?

3 Likes

He didn’t have to turn out to be a jerk, is all I’m saying. Nurture is nature, and he was reared by parents who didn’t care to instill any sense of decency in him because they and esp. Fred were too interested in making money. I’m not letting him off the hook for being a monster.

4 Likes

Speaking of nature, do you think this product would help any?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available