Discussion: AZ GOP Senate Hopeful At Gun Control Forum Talks About Shooting His Mother

Though I am not a doctor (but I think I did play one on TV - not sure - amnesia!) I am sure that contrary to portrayals in any number of movie plots or soap operas, temporary amnesia is very, very, rare.

Physical damage to the brain will cause memory loss, some medications and alcohol blackouts will limit short term memory, but otherwise, it is a great story device, but likely bullshit.

This guy is just nucking futs.

13 Likes

OT, but the problems on this site are driving me nuts. I often can’t access “comments” until the article has been posted for quite a while, and in general, the site just works for shit, lately. Honestly, I think twice before sitting down to read and comment. Why on earth don’t they fix these issues? Plus, the huge blinking ads are multiplying. I thought one of the benefits of ponying up for Prime meant not being bombarded with ads. I am seriously considering not buying the membership again.

2 Likes

Arizona records indicate that his Mother and Sister we found in a “perfectly relaxed position” and were suffocated. Due to his “amnesia” his trial was suspended, and seven years later dropped because “speedy trail” issues…All this from a Fox news report…

6 Likes

Has to also be running short of sisters.

1 Like

Insanity appears to run in the family.

He says his mother was “insane” and shot at him with a rifle when he was in bed in their Oklahoma farmhouse one night in 1963.
It looks like insanity runs in the family.

I’m confused. Why are the records in Arizona if it happened in Oklahoma? I know I missed something, but

It’s Wednesday in Arizona!

Sorry about the confusion — the information is being reported through the Arizona Republic because he is running for office there… my bad

Even the doctor you played on TV would tell you that the type used as a plot device basically never happens.

Thanks!

Well, I am a resident of Tucson. I can say that my state has a lot of very strange folk who want to play politician and who really have no business doing it. But they continue to get elected mainly because voters here are…well… unusual in their own right based on the choices they make in elections and in life in general. Most of the timeit’s just entertainingly weird. But this fellow should not be anywhere near either elected office or a gun. Thankfully I do not live in the district he is running in.

3 Likes

See my comment above. There’s another shoe waiting to drop here.

“I was greeted with boos and catcalls,” he wrote. “Loved it!”

Translation: “They are paying attention to ME.”

3 Likes

It’s AZ. I have family in AZ who, were they living in his district, might see him as just their kinda guy.

1 Like

But Freedumb!

1 Like

Fortunately for all of us, he has a gun.

2 Likes

Again, can’t spell crAZy without AZ.
Must be the dry heat.

2 Likes

You aren’t the only one encountering these issues - and they are frequent. The inability to comment or reply to someone negates much of the reason we value participation here. I was a Prime member for a short time but decided to financially support another site instead of this one (also because I got a prompt but very dismissive reply when I made my views known to TPM) That being said, the commenters here are exceptional.

4 Likes

I don’t doubt a situation could arise where one could be faced with the horrifying choice of using lethal force in self defense towards a parent BUT the gleefulness with which he speaks of getting booed at going to a Moms Demand event and the brief outline of the events of his past certainly point to the possibility this dude killed his mother and sister and then burned the house down to destroy the evidence. Not saying that happened but we are seeing a lot of sociopaths running for office inspired by trump.

3 Likes

We won’t get into what he did to the apple pie . . .

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available