Discussion: Bannon Out: Looking Back At The Trump Aide’s Wild Year

Bannon said he broke his priorities down into “three verticals”:
National security, “economic nationalism” and the “deconstruction of the
administrative state.”

If Bannon was all in on national security how could he possibly be all in on “deconstructing the administrative state” by which national security is achieved?

Can someone kindly explain this to me? I’m just an old retired scientist who did experiments and published the results. When someone strongly supports national security yet deconstructs the apparatus that allows for national security… well I would call that irrational.

1 Like

I would prefer the whole lot of 'em run outta town, trump and Pence included.

3 Likes

The people that Trump chose to help run his campaign and to serve in his administration are a reflection of his own values and ethics.
Deplorable leaders associate themselves with their fellow Deplorables.

2 Likes

For all us liberals out there…this is like one big fucking “I Told Ya So”. But did anyone listen? Fuck no. Well, too bad because “Heh, I Told Ya So”. All of this is so incredibly dysfunctional. Its hard to believe some people didn’t see this coming.

“For they that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind”. This is hardly over just because he’s out. Donald’s Svengali will do as much damage outside the WH as he did Inside.

3 Likes

Any words about KAC ? She and Bannon came as a matching pair, I think … a gift from the Mercers…

1 Like

Can someone please tell me why folks think Bannon is a genius? He’s a platitude machine devoid of original ideas. He sucks at manipulation (Don’t criticize Trump or you’re helping the GOP) and just makes up the world he lives in. Trumps advisors are “wetting themselves” ? Not likely. Trump won because of goofy “economic nationalism”. No. Trump’s base is too dumb to know what that is. He hopes “the Left” keeps on harping about race because it’s so bad for them? Racial bullshit is what got Bannon fired and no one on “the Left” is dumb enough to take that silly bait. Read what this man says. It sounds like the crap a kid would say.

Bannon is a pudgy, slovenly guy with no scruples or morals. The advice he gave Trump that worked was for Trump to lie though his teeth. Tell them anything…it will not matter in the end. But it does matter. There’s no wall coming and that will matter. ISIS made it past 30 days and jobs are flying out of the USA. The ACA is fine and Hillary is free. The result is Trump is horribly unpopular and Steve Bannon is behind that. That is why he’s gone an B’Bart is no army. It’s a fucking website and Bannon isn’t going to change the course of history with it.

3 Likes

Who thinks that ? The same guys, who thinks Newt is smart ?

2 Likes

Those same folks tend to think from their amygdalas, to them, anyone who can string together more than three words without repeating themselves is considered smart, if they make it sound mean and/or insulting, they must be brilliant.

Bannon thinks in circles and what he writes is typically just one cliche’ depending on another, barely beyond a bumpersticker, and to the rest of the right, that is genius.

Bannon’s their jinglewriter, they are so bereft of reason, his dumbfoundery sounds like wisdom to them all.

(can I coin "dumbfoundery?)

https://twitter.com/2020fight/status/898333373650710528
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHeFcIpUQAANHgG.jpg

3 Likes

…an easy pattern to perpetuate for Trump… even as his rank racist mess unfolds, Russia waits in the wings, to fill any future gaps that may occur in the loser continuum.

did Nostradamus carve that one?
We knew he was a cartoonist, but a sculptor?
He got everything right but the beard…

Economic nationalists are a lot like the last boys in 6th grade to figure out girls are cool.

…or something like that.

American Enterprise, out of ALL history’s financial phenomenae, should be the first to be enthralled with the prospect of global commerce.

Think of it this way, if you are among the many confused of whom I speak, you understand this language…

Instead of there just being ONE born every minute, there are dozens and dozens… and the internet will make them your customer, for good OR evil, for fun AND profit.

Seriously, Bannon’s brand of economic isolationism is naive, at best.

The website The People’s View had a great scorching takedown on this yesterday: An Open Letter to #Trumpgretters: Go Bannon Yourselves

3 Likes

Every insecure couch potato for the last 80 years has supplemented his insecure ego by feeding off the onscreen persona of John Wayne (as did the offscreen John Wayne).
The central assumption, beyond that all women want him and all men want to be like him, is that bad guys will be intimidated, most will either cross over to the good side or ride out of town in the dark of night. The few dead-enders will ineptly sabotage themselves.
There is no need for a robust military- simply a few heroic gestures now and then as required. This belief system never surmounted a genuine insurgency, which is one of the reasons many watched the Green Berets for laughs rather than for inspiration.
I think this is why neoconservatives always think they can do occupations on the cheap, and why they always wind up so much more costly in lives, in money and in time.

2 Likes

This may help but other say Donald is the problem. But I read somewhere and I feel it’s true, it’s Trumps enablers, to me the republicans, are the folks that could fix this and are ultimately the problem because they don’t seem to be doing anything.

It’s just that comment by Bannon I quoted up thread made zero sense to me. I see your argument about occupation on the cheap and it conjures a memory of Rumsfeld saying “You go with the army you have.” Of course this was after his advertising campaign of “An Army of One”. That dovetails with what you say.

1 Like

Oddly I haven’t heard much from democrats after the events of the past 10 days. A lot from republicans but precious little from democrat members of Congress.

As Napoleon Bonaparte remarked, "When your enemy is self-destructing, don’t get in his way."

Or something to that effect.

4 Likes

Enough bluster and everyone will be intimidated; no one would dare fight back, so why fully fund and staff?
The real glory is in the parades anyway.

1 Like

surely SOMEONE got that?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available