Discussion: Bannon Says Racial Politics Help Trump In Wake Of Charlottesville Rally

Once again proving that the horseshoe theory is correct.

3 Likes

IIRC – and it might be in the column by Milbank that @inversion linked to – a recent columnist suggested that a portion of the Obama/Trump voters were not actual Democrats but only recently voted Democrat: in 2008 because of McCain’s increasingly erratic campaign and choice of Palin as running mate, and in 2012 because the Wall Street vulture capitalist Mitt Romney was uninspiring and “not conservative enough.”

3 Likes

Again, you need to study up on who the Democratic base is. Because the few you might get by pretending minority, LGBT, and women’s issues don’t matter will not offset the many you’ll lose in the process.

4 Likes

"Who said he wasn’t?

From what Pisani and Javers said on CNBC, I’ll take the other side of that bet.

Of course, the fact that I watch the quotes all day with the sound off 95% of the time(except for the Noon ET show) is the “tell” that I don’t place much stock in what the “talent” says.

1 Like

In the Bannon-Trump alternative universe,despicable is desireable,negative is positive,lies are truth,facts are lies,truth is hearsay…so much winning…

1 Like

It is. That’s what I meant when I said he was playing to a Berner audience. It’s in this interview that he dismissed the alt-right and gave up the game on NK. He’s trying to pitch himself as a nationalist - focused on our international adversaries: CHINA. He knows the racism and war don’t play too well with a lot of the left, but the anti-trade stuff does. It just shows how dangerous he is. He’s a chameleon, manipulator and rat fucker who believes in nothing except aggrandizing power and fucking with people’s heads.

2 Likes

They’re still talking about the firing now. “Now is the time to do it.” Bannon is getting the blame for Trump’s repulsive remarks, so he must go.

Think about that. It’s Bannon’s fault. Yikes.

5 Likes

Confusion to our enemies!

Also occurs to me that some people on the trading floor definitely have “background knowledge” of what Gary Cohn is thinking, and Bannon has been Cosmpolitan(read Jewish) Cohn’s nemesis. Cohn is the kind of person Trump looks up to. And is a bridge to Congress. Just more items on that side of the trade–er, scale.

Edit: If there’s fault to be found, guess whose fault it isn’t?
Donald J. Trump.

3 Likes

Even if Bannon is fired, I’m not optimistic that he won’t still have Trump’s ear, especially as the Mueller investigation is heating up. Trump needs to keep his supporters riled up.

4 Likes

Just having him located somewhere else might put a minute back on on the Doomsday Clock, tho I think this is Trump’s football:

2 Likes

tAkE it TO The BANK—ThE CosmOpoLItan BaNK! BaNN0n is OUT!

!!!111ONeONe!!!1

https://twitter.com/RogueSNRadvisor/status/898566325336809473

2 Likes

Good. Now he can go right to hell.

4 Likes

Hey Steve: This sad, unfair treatment is giving me a Gorsuch-size heartbreak. My good friend Harry Nilsson, noticed him lately? is doing a great job encapsulating my sentiments:

(Gee, I hope there’s only one version…)

1 Like

Would ya rather get ’ spanked ’ … or ’ grabbed ’ ? ? …

Take yer pick ----

( I would have a difficult time choosing … myself …)

Wow. Chuck Todd just said that someone talked to a member of Congress who said that some people were hoping that Mueller would find something on Trump. When asked if he were one of them, he said, “Maybe.”

5 Likes

pleads the fifth

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yes, the Bros. keep saying that the Democrats have no message other than opposition to Trump and are too weak-kneed and compromised – neoliberal corporatist – to serve up the Bro brand of populism.

Last night I got into another back and forth here on the Velshi-Ruhle (can’t lie on TV) thread with our friend @darcy, who seems to be active again. He’s still in rare form.

7 Likes

Pretty sure that ya meant … five times …

1 Like

oh sure, now they want to get rid of him.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available