Discussion: Biden: I'd 'Beat The Hell' Out Of Trump In High School For Disrespecting Women

I love Jerry Brown! He does such a no-drama, competent job of running the state. Perfect for an executive job. But maybe not perfect for campaigning. Wish people outside of CA took him more seriously.

3 Likes

To paraphrase the late Christopher Hitchens, “If you kicked the piss and wind out of Trumpf you could bury the rest of him in a matchbox”.
A 90-year old codger in a wheelchair could kick the orange gasbag’s ass.

2 Likes

Jeeze, and some people think that this putz (and perennial failure as Presidential candidate) is, or even should be, the front runner for the 2020 Democratic nomination. They could just skip the debates and go straight to white septuagenarian mud wrestling. It’d certainly save me an hour or two of my life to do something else. (That is not to suggest that Biden would not be monumentally preferable to Der Drumpfenfuhrer. Of course he would. But that is an awfully, awfully low bar.)

Who specifically do you propose for the ‘new leadership?’

3 Likes

What she ^ said.

3 Likes

As a New Yorker I’ve been a Jerry Brown fan since 1976 when I was in high school and he was dating Ronstadt.
Mo Udall also appealed to me.
Brown’s zen like demeanor and age of limits appealed to me. I voted for him in the 80 and 92 primaries and would gladly again.

3 Likes

A) Strom Thurmond is dead.
B) You have not answered my question.
C) You must be over 35 to even become President. Are you now suggesting there should also be a Maximum age to be elected President? If so, why?

5 Likes

Does that disqualify him?

1 Like

Great post. It’s appreciated. And I think you are right.

Let’s see what Mr. I-would-have-run-in-to-face-the-shooter-unarmed comes back with.

2 Likes

hey that young Mittster is a pistol!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! It’s an all 'round throw down of crepuscular caucasians getting down and dirty in the muuuud.

that’s an internet rabbit-hole many would dive down.

I wonder what you would do to Clarence Thomas?.. OH… WAIT, we already know… give him a lifetime appointment to the supreme court.

I’d usually prefer politicians not mouth off like this and get all macho but Trump is such an ogreish excuse of a human being you just can’t be a wallflower when criticizing him.
Look at how Biden’s kids turned out vs. Trump’s. None of them played footsie with a foreign adversary, tweeted and liked offensive links or grifted off of others.

2 Likes

Are you saying that the Democrats only have people over 75 as leadership? You can’t think of anyone in the Senate or governorship that are under 60 that could run for President. I personally like Amy Klobuchar but this is the list of people that would be better then Biden or Sanders: Adam Schiff; Mitch Landrieu; Eric Holder; Andrew Cuomo; Cory Booker; Chris Murphy; Julian Castro; Terry McAuliffe; John Hickenlooper; Mark Cuban and I know there are still some in NY and California, but they have issues that I don’t support.

LOL - yes, I think Biden would be a good president. Who do you think would be a better 2020 nominee?

Among things that I look for is the skill set and experience of the candidate. What criteria do you use? Of course he isn’t perfect, no one is – but he could go against donald and win.

Shirley145, you list a lot of great people but it probably isn’t an election cycle to go for a “first” - Amy - first woman, Julian - first hispanic, any person who is famous for wealth or celebrity - not this round, not Mark Cuban, not Oprah, not even Tom Steyer. The 2020 candidate has to unite the country and pick up some of the macho men donald voters, and all the demographics that despite their own best interests went for donald. IMO. The 2020 candidate won’t have much time to learn on the job – in 2019 the economy will be crashing if it hasn’t already by that time…it could be a big mess.

That is what was said about Obama before he started running for President. I can assure you that Biden or Sanders will not unite the country. There is a reason why Sanders did not get the nomination and it had nothing to do with political “tricks” by Hillary. Biden and Sanders are not macho, their time in the political light is over, just like Hillarie’s’ time is over. How about John Hickenlooper; he has new ideas and experience. and the right body anatomy?

If the DNC is running Biden up the flagpole to see if anybody will salute, they are getting mighty desperate. He’s not a woman, not a person of color, and in 2020 he’ll be 78, 10 years older than Hillary Clinton was during her disastrous run for President.

1 Like

We all know Donald’s a duck and run wimp so let him spout his bullshit Joe.

Perhaps one place where our viewpoints diverge is the selection criteria for the job.

Sounds a little bit like your top criteria is “woman” or “person of color”. Although I’m sad that Hillary didn’t win the presidency, thus being the first woman president, and it will be an advancement in civilization where there IS a woman president, just as there was an advancement in civilization where the USA had the first Black/mixed-Race president, it is so obvious that Hillary was more qualified to do the job, and that is the greatest regret.

It doesn’t matter much to me what gender, what color or what age the person is as long as they have the qualifications to do the job that is inherently tough and will be tougher in the next round.

Perhaps it is partly the ageism that someone young sees 78 as really old/too old, and someone older is looking for that person who is past age 35 (a requirement for the job) - who has the needed experience. If you were selecting a brain surgeon, lawyer, or pilot - you would probably want more than just a gender or/and race qualification IMO.

The process will be interesting - hopefully we don’t just try to go for the best looking one that we like the most – (once again is that how you would choose doctor, lawyer, pilot, or would you look for other/added qualifications?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available