Discussion: Cambridge Analytica CEO Suspended Pending Investigation

Re-posting from another thread:

Put down whatever you are doing and watch the Channel Four exposé on Cambridge Analytica, Part Two.

It is utterly explosive and will make your blood boil.

Alexander Nix was suspended by the Cambridge Analytica Board just as this broadcast aired.

Nix has admitted to coordinating activities between the Trump campaign and other outside GOP groups. That type of coordination is illegal under US law.

Nix has admitted to being actively involved. He and every other foreign national who provided things of value to the Trump campaign violated the Federal election campaign act.

Nix has also admitted to destroying evidence using a Proton Mail program to cause emails to self-destruct. In the context of the secret interview, he seems to clearly indicate that his use of this program was due to scrutiny of their activities, which I take to mean the investigations in the US and UK about election interference.

The Trump campaign is also exposed for conspiracy to violate federal election laws. Parscale, Kushner, Manafort, Gates, Junior, Flynn and Trump Sr were all in on it. Bannon was too, though I can’t be certain of his criminal liability exposure. I suspect Pence also knew about at least the illegal election coordination activities.

Cambridge Analytica’s database was created by Alexsandr Kogan, an almost certain Russian asset. Cambridge Analytica’s principals also knew Nigel Farage, Julian Assange and were active Brexiteers. There’s your conspiracy.

We have our smoking gun(s) IMHO. It’s time for the prosecutors to act:

22 Likes

you have a gift for snark!

1 Like

Please let this be so. Is there a link you can share? Was looking for news on this front.

2 Likes

“We see this as a coordinated attack by the media that’s been going on for very, very many months in order to damage the company that had some involvement with the election of Donald Trump,” he said.

We’re seeing this attack more and more, a kind of bizarro preemptive confession: “The only reason we stand exposed as crimers here today is because you, you awful person, were mean and awful enough to want us to be standing here that way.” Like wanting to expose a criminal is a form of prejudice that disqualifies the exposure. I guess it’s an example of things like “She’s my cousin!” that you say when there’s absolutely nothing else you can think of to say.

12 Likes

Well, yeah. That’s what happened to Paul Castellano, John Gotti’s predecessor … the board’s represenatives met at Sparks Restaurant in Manhattan, and he was suspended, with extreme prejudice, if I recall correctly.

3 Likes

O god I hope so.

9 Likes

I probably should’ve phrased that differently. It was a couple of tweets by British reporters who noted police activity at the CA office. That said, I may have jumped the gun a bit, but I tend to trust the legit Brit press.

“If it looks like a raid, and it sounds like a raid, it’s probably a raid.”

Sorry 'about that. I’ll fix the post to reflect this.

3 Likes

Oh, my. The old shell (company) game.

7 Likes

Hmmm.

I get the idea it was set up solely to elect Trump, to influence the Brexit and whatever else Putin had going on with elections.

6 Likes

As of this morning, the British gov’t was reported to be seeking a warrant to search CA. (https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/20/595124809/u-k-seeks-search-warrant-on-cambridge-analytica-ceo-seen-in-hidden-camera-report) This had not changed by this afternoon. (http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43465700)
Facebook personnel were reported to be in CA’s offices yesterday until they were required to leave, as per a tweet by an MP on the relevant oversight committee:

Verified acc @DamianCollins (MP for Folkestone & Hythe, Chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee) 22h
Facebook have confirmed that auditors and legal counsel acting on behalf of the company were in the offices of Cambridge Analytica this evening until they were told to stand down by the Information Commissioner. These investigations need to be undertaken by the proper authorities

Sincerely, I gotta wonder what that was about, particularly as there seems to be plenty of liability to go around.

7 Likes

It’s a bit like CA’s self-deleting emails.

A self-deleting company: (ghost) hiding behind a shell LLC.

5 Likes

And by “suspended” I take that to mean “naked, over a tank of electric eels.”

Right?

3 Likes

I didn’t see the film until about 10 yrs after it was released. Some film student film fest. I think we paid a quarter.
I fell in love with Ingrid Bergman – who didn’t? – wanted to die for her.

2 Likes

Apparently, CA was some sort of offshoot of a corporation called SCL:

By that time, Steve Bannon had become Trump’s chief strategist. Cambridge Analytica’s parent company, SCL, had won contracts with the US State Department and was pitching to the Pentagon…
When I ask how Bannon even found SCL, Wylie tells me what sounds like a tall tale, though it’s one he can back up with an email about how Mark Block, a veteran Republican strategist, happened to sit next to a cyberwarfare expert for the US air force on a plane. “And the cyberwarfare guy is like, ‘Oh, you should meet SCL. They do cyberwarfare for elections.’” (https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/data-war-whistleblower-christopher-wylie-faceook-nix-bannon-trump)

6 Likes

A rat’s nest of ratfuckers.

6 Likes

it gets worse

4 Likes

"Nix told the BBC the Channel 4 sting was “intended to embarrass us”.

So you obliged by saying damning shit. Got it.

Moving on…

7 Likes

My, that’s reassuring. Perhaps the ghosts of Jeb Magruder and Charles Colson were hired to run the HR office.

2 Likes

I so desperately want to see them go to jail. And Erik Prince and his god-awful sister. And the entire Trump family. And Nunes, Rohrabacher, and most of the rest of the GOP Congress. And of course Flynn and Manafort. Shit…I wish I had built a for-profit prison for the occasion…it would be full-to-brimming before this is over. Oh…and how could I forget that harpy Sarah Huckabee Sanders? And let’s throw in her pa for good measure. And Hope, just to keep her BFF Ivanka company. Not to mention half of her boyfriends who will also be there.

Hell. Forget the for-profit prison. Just open the gates of Hell for them all.

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available