Discussion: CNN: Mueller Continues Probes Into Trump's Russian Business Ties

2 Likes

Go man, go!

Senators, might need to hurry up with that bill protecting Mueller!

12 Likes

Huntington, W. Va., is going to be Weird Shit Central tonight!

14 Likes

“Madam Press secretary, what’s the president going to do tomorrow?”
“We don’t discuss matters that are under investigation. Now for a letter from a 5th grader in Woonsocket…”

11 Likes

Rock? Meet Hard Place.

Turns out that the best way to avoid getting caught doing something evil is to avoid doing something evil.

Cue the evangelical right base’s protests of conspiracy against and prosecution of their principled messenger from God in 3… 2… 1…

</thinking about facebook posts I’ll see from some folks tonight>

14 Likes

I think it might be time to re-cast the odds of Trump serving out his 4-year term.

17 Likes

It’s been three months since Mark Warner was overheard at a restaurant giving 2:1 odds that Trump left office early.

10 Likes

What art the odds on DT serving out a 20 year term for money laundering under 18 U.S. Code §1956?

15 Likes

Do we get to see Trump’s tax returns?? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Tweet storm be comin’…y’all be safe!

12 Likes

Future Tweet from Emperor Orange: “My ties with Russia are irrelevant to an investigation into my ties with Russia!”

7 Likes

Follow. The. Money. Especially when it’s in rubles…

11 Likes

“Special counsel Robert Mueller and his expanding team of investigators have turned their attention to President Donald Trump, his company and his family’s business ties with Russia, CNN reported Thursday.”

Thursday night massacre?

Hardly implausible in times that are anything but normal…

17 Likes

Good point. Mueller was supposed to be able to get them. Might non mean that we see them.

6 Likes

Show Bob your taxes! Best ‘throwback Thursday’ ever. :grin:

4 Likes

Well, at least the media isn’t talking about the transcript of that conversation with Mexico’s President about the wall. That was soooo this morning.

12 Likes

Other thread @tena says work is protected even if Mueller fired, goes forward.
Talk about bad optics for El Bufón…

2 Likes

Trump could object to the grand jury on these bases:

(b) Objection to the Grand Jury or to a Grand Juror.

(1) Challenges. Either the government or a defendant may challenge the grand jury on the ground that it was not lawfully drawn, summoned, or selected, and may challenge an individual juror on the ground that the juror is not legally qualified.

And he might. But I don’t see how he could win - it was lawfully drawn, summoned and selected because Robert Mueller has that legal jurisdiction, even if he is fired. He would still have had it.

The Federal Rules of Procedure cover this along with the case law and I haven’t delved into the case law that determines the meaning of the rules, if you get what I mean.

6 Likes

Ken Starr:

“It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts.”

12 Likes

“C’mon fire me, you whiny little shit. I fuckin dare you to try.”

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available