Discussion: CNN: Mueller Continues Probes Into Trump's Russian Business Ties

If he resigns, he has to stop campaigning, right? No one would believe that he’s still campaigning for 2020 if he resigns his current term. And that cuts off the flow of funds that he’s using to keep his business afloat.

Also, if he resigns, he loses all possible value to PutinCo and the info dump they’ll do on him will make Podesta’s emails and DWS’s emails about Bernie seem like “Pat the Bunny”.

@radicalcentrist - and his business crimes are the subject of Erik Schneiderman’s investigations, too, some of which can’t be pardon by Pence (I hope)

6 Likes

'that is a different issue than quitting. He quits all the time - he just doesn’t admit that his quitting is a defeat.

He settles lawsuits
He files for bankruptcy
He gets divorced over and over

Every one of those things is quitting. He is a quitter - he just lies about it.

9 Likes

Just imagine the mass of befouled activities even a cursory look under Trump’s businesses is revealing to the Special Prosecutor. They must be amazed at the fetid shenanigans they are uncovering.

3 Likes

Such probing runs afoul of Trump’s supposed “red line” to the New York Times: that Mueller and his investigators ought not look into his business ties beyond what is directly relevant to the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

And the approximate number of shits given by Mueller about any notional “red lines” is:

9 Likes

I’m sure that’s true. I just meant that if trump believes he can pardon himself, then WIN! He doesn’t give a shit about anybody else. Well, maybe some of his kids.

3 Likes

Yes but…he can be impeached even w/o a grand jury. One does not necessarily precede the other.

1 Like

Indictments would still stand even if he resigned. And as a mere citizen, he’d lose a lot of protections he now enjoys as President. Giving it up could put him in even more jeopardy than he is now.

Impeachment sounds better and better all the time! Talk about destroying the Trump name for all time!

I-LOVE-IT!

1 Like

Who was president from 1969 - 1973?

They’re distancing themselves loud and clear. He’s a goner.

3 Likes

Such probing runs afoul of Trump’s supposed “red line” to the New York Times: that Mueller and his investigators ought not look into his business ties beyond what is directly relevant to the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Nice try, but how are they supposed to know if a given “Russian business tie” is unrelated, except by investigating them?

And if, in the course of doing so, they find something blatantly illegal but not “directly relevant” to the Russian meddling, what are the investigators supposed to do? Look the other way?

1 Like

Ha ha…he …

Looks like Dems can sit pat … His own party even …

Un…f#$%^ing …precedented

3 Likes

Technically. But its extremely unlikely it happens that way. Republicans are going to want an ironclad case against Trump before the agree to impeachment. Ironclad to their base, not ours. I believe we get there, but we don’t get there without a grand jury.

1 Like

This will be the undoing of the smug prick.

Nice iPhone cover by the way. This must be the 35% of his approval rating, all in attendance in WV.

1 Like

So, basically, it’s going to take a Federal investigation to get what should have been disclosed when Trump put himself in the race.

2 Likes

Not much Watergate related happened in his first term. It really began heating up when he was re-elected in 1972. Did you not read or watch All The President’s Men?

Sure, and it says a lot about West Virginia.

In other news, trump wants to run for President of West Virginia, because no one else wants him.

2 Likes

That only applies to Democratic Presidents, obviously.

2 Likes

:joy:

You:
“He was sworn in January 1973, and resigned August 1974, that was 19 months.”

AND

You:
“Not much Watergate related happened in his first term. It really began
heating up when he was re-elected in 1972. Did you not read or watch All The President’s Men?”

The Watergate break-in was in June, 1972! According to you, that was 7 months before Nixon became president. The planning and funding had started before January, 1972. Was the break-in not a part of the Watergate episode? The cover-up began in August, 1972. The “plumbers” fund controlled by AG Mitchell was revealed in September, 1972. Was the cover-up and the revelation that the AG was involved not a part of the Watergate episode? We’re not yet up to Nixon’s swearing in in 1973. Can you not read a calendar?

I both read and watched “All the President’s Men”. I also watched the Senate hearings in real-time.

I can neither read nor write nor care to learn to do so.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available