Discussion: CNN: Mueller Continues Probes Into Trump's Russian Business Ties

I hear they are real dumps.

10 Likes

laughs

2 Likes

Presumably they havenā€™t found anything suspicious yet, or the leaker would know doubt have said. Either way itā€™s a good sign things are moving quickly.

If someone leaks something out of the grand jury there will hell to pay - the Grand Jury meets in secret.

This was a leak about convening the grand jury, which isnā€™t really a leak, itā€™s a scoop.

4 Likes

Aaaaaaaand right on cueā€¦

(Pssst, comrade: If the SVR offers refresher courses on English, Iā€™d definitely take advantage, knowutimean?)

15 Likes

One day soon, i hope, trump will be vuffed and perp walked and on one level that will make me very happy. On another i hope the country isnā€™t damagedā€¦ meaning the presidency and Constitution.

Hehehā€¦ he claimed some time back to have a PhD from Cambridge University.

6 Likes

Since itā€™s written to be retroactive to the date Mueller was hired to the position, doesnā€™t it essentially mean they could pass it after Trump fired him and heā€™d become automagically unfired? Not sure why else theyā€™d have written it that way.

IANAL, of course.

1 Like

Oh, I didnā€™t no that!

:wink:

@irasdad - those refresher courses cost a lot of rublesā€¦

@erik_t - at this point, with the GOPRats abandoning the Trumptanic, if he tries to fire Mueller, congress will move to an Independent Commission (who actually has power to do that?)

3 Likes

Like Philby, Maclean, Burgess, and Blunt?

7 Likes

Trumptanic ā€¦ snicker.
An independent commission? Do tell.

1 Like

Just seems like the nature next step if he tries to stop Muellerā€™s current investigation, and I think this idea has been floated by Dems for several weeks now.

3 Likes

I would think firing Mueller would end trump as president. Even his most ardent supporters in the House would vote for articles of impeachment then.

3 Likes

Damn you got me.

2 Likes

That there is a Mueller empaneled Grand Jury issuing subpoenas tells me trump and various associates are in major doo doo.

Schadenfreudeā€¦

2 Likes

Nixonā€™s the template of a failed president and a resignation. He was sworn in January 1973, and resigned August 1974, that was 19 months. trumPPā€™s shot through just six, so patience. If he moves to fire Mueller or has a DOJ staffer do it, it will just speed up the timeline.

6 Likes

Are you sure about that? Isnā€™t the WV governor about to switch from Dem to Repub at a rally with trump?

You canā€™t see me, so this is the best I can do.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

Pardoning someone doesnā€™t absolve them from testifying before a GJ. In fact, it would preclude them taking the 5th.

4 Likes

@darrtown Has it occurred to anyone that trumPP might want out and would resign if he felt the Russian heat bearing down on him? Maybe not because of his NPD, but he could make some face-saving excuses, blame Congressional leaders because they didnā€™t come to his rescue, blame Hillary Clinton and illegals voting for her, blame Democrats, blame his base, whatever, but get out ahead of indictments. Then My Dumb Pants will be left to pick up the pieces further rupturing the party.

@radicalcentrist I envision this scenario vis a vis resigning.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available