Discussion: Collins 'Very Disappointed' In Trump's Decision To End O'Care Subsidies

There it is. Love that pic.

2 Likes

Oh, dear. Such concern, Senator Miss Media Moderate!
No, no, Susan, dearest. When the latest incarnation of the “Star Wars” saga isn’t quite as good as you thought it should have been, you politely say you are “very disappointed”.
When Donald Trump attempts to destroy healthcare for the citizens of this country, you scream, “Why is this stupid motherfucker trying to kill people?!!!”
And if you are so TRULY concerned about the welfare of America and its citizens, Senator Miss Media Moderate, why do you remain a member of the party that gladly enables him? Angus King, your fellow senator from your home state of Maine, seems to be doing quite well as an Independent. What’s your fucking excuse, Susan?

12 Likes

You must have missed the memo - history is no longer relevant, hence shall no longer be part of any school’s curriculum. All current and future history will be readily available on social media, cafeteria-style.

Bon appetit!

1 Like

If the payments were made previously, doesn’t that set the precedent that the payments must continue?

I mean, the President cannot do an unlawful act, right, conservatives?

Therefore, by failing to make the payments now, Trump is in violation of the law, and must be impeached?

“Congress needs to step in,

Damn. If only Sen. Colllins were a member of said Congress; then she might be able to actually introduce legislation. What a shame.

11 Likes

How much longer will Maine’s voters put up with this fraud?

I’ll add, I’m sick of the media portraying this fraud as a moderate, she’s not! An actual Moderate would condemn Trump not say they are “Very Disappointed”.

1 Like

Seems like Trump doing this right now not only sabotages the ACA, but (by tossing out a live grenade) also undermines the GOP effort in Congress to pass changes to the tax laws.

1 Like

I assure you Senator Collins you aren’t as disappointed as those people who are about to lose their healthcare. The difference is they can’t do anything about it. You, on the other hand, can.

10 Likes

Collins is a senator. Wouldn’t legislation for the fiscal transfers needed to support the exchanges have to originate in the House?

2 Likes

Spare me the kabuki tears Collins. Your party owns this. You own this. Period.

3 Likes

Listening to Collins tends to give me the same feeling I had when I was six years old and my older brother tried to push my head through a bowl of oatmeal; everything from her language to intonation is suffocating.

1 Like

Then she can write Trump a STERNLY WORDED LETTER. That oughtta do the trick.

5 Likes

Part of me thinks she’s going to pull an Arlen Specter and switch to Democrat. My initial reaction would be to react positively, as anything that hurts the Republican majority would be good for the Democrats…But she’s the sort of weak, milquetoast politician that the Dems have far too much off already.

I hope we do win back the House next year, but even if we do, those new members won’t take office until Jan 2019. So even if an Obamacare Repair bill is immediately passed by the House and Senate in 2019, and either Trump signs it or his veto is overridden (an even steeper climb), there’s going to be a lot of damage to the markets in the meantime.

Just how badly the Obamacare exchanges will have crumbled by then, I don’t know. Could be pretty badly, maybe almost completely. Because it’s not just this factor, there’s also Trump’s Executive Order that could result in more younger, healthier folks opting out of the Obamacare exchanges and going for cheap “junk insurance” through Association plans and “short-term insurance” plans (leaving older, sicker people in the Obamacare exchanges, leading to skyrocketing premiums there). And weakening enforcement of the mandate, and whatever else they can cook up to undermine the system and create the very “implosion” they keep pretending is “inevitable.”

Sadly, I suspect things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. And they probably won’t start getting significantly better until at least 2021 – and of course that’s only if Trump is defeated (preferably in a landslide) and Democrats gain control of the House (and preferably the Senate, too).

4 Likes

Yes. That’s all she got.

Still more than I expected and better than most of her castrated peers.

2 Likes

Anyone know what exactly conservative means anymore?

2 Likes

I don’t want to paint too rosy of a picture. The best we can hope for in the short term is to minimize the damage.

2 Likes

T rump is destroying healthcare for so many people and the most they can muster up is “disappointment”? This is the most dysfunctional congress, senate,and executive branch EVER.

2 Likes

Near as I can figure is it is a synonym for a$$#0!e.

“Congress needs to step in, and I hope that the President will take a look at what we’re doing.”

Yes, Senator Collins, the Congress does need to take action. What are the odds that that might happen? Slim to none?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available