Discussion: Conservative Sen. Mike Lee Endorses Roy Moore

1 Like

“Reputation of integrity”, not actual integrity. Weak tell. Sad.

9 Likes

“If there was ever a time to ensure that Republicans maintain a seat in the United States Senate, it is now, ” Lee said in a statement released by the Moore campaign. “That is why I am proudly endorsing Judge Roy Moore for United States Senate."

So even though he’s making a deal with the devil, there’s a good reason for it. How very Faustian. Gotta love those flexible values!

2 Likes

I thought Lee would hide his racist tendencies better. Moore, after all, insured segregation would remain a part of Alabama’s constitution.

6 Likes

“Judge Moore’s tested reputation of integrity is exactly what we need in Washington D.C. in order to pass conservative legislation and protect the liberty of all Americans.” **

**The phrase “all Americans” is not intended and should not be construed to include gay, lesbian or transgender people, non-whites, non-Christians, non-conservatives, unwed mothers, fact-based media, non-English speakers, the uninsured, the poor, the homeless, rape or harassment victims, non-millionaires, orphans, non-billionaires, the unarmed or anyone who kneels during the national anthem. Other terms and conditions may also apply. See Fox and Friends or Breitbart for details.

8 Likes

But of course. Dickheads gotta stick together.

(Ewwwww, I just had a visual on what I wrote.)

7 Likes

Sen. Lee, go sell crazy somewhere else, we’re full up here!

2 Likes

No, no, you got it wrong. Those folks are all, by definition or condition, NOT 'Muricans. So Moore and Lee don’t need your damned footnote.

3 Likes

Were any Alabama voters sitting around thinking “I was pretty split down the middle between the relatively normal Democrat and psycho right wing grifter religious nutjob, but now that a Senator from Utah has weighed in, I’m totally sold on the nut job!”. Does anyone in Alabama who isn’t a political junkie even know who Mike Lee is?

4 Likes

Endorsing a racist like Moore shows Mike Lee isn’t the least bit concerned about upsetting the feelings of the one black person that lives in Utah.

4 Likes

Lee claims to revere the constitution. Calls himself an originalist yet throws his support to a judge who was thrown off the Alabama Supreme Court twice.

3 Likes

To Alabama Christianists, he’s a Mormon, which is just like saying he’s a Jew or a Muslim, which means he has horns and wants to eat the Baby Jesus.

4 Likes

There is congresswoman Mia Love from the Salt Lake City area.
They ditched that whole Mark of Ham thing back in 1978. Remember Romney’s story about hearing about it on the radio and pulling over and weeping.

3 Likes

Quit with the “non-Christians” stuff. There are millions of actual Christians who do not identify with the Teavangelicals and their hypocritical “Christian” views. No different than equating Muslins with ISIS. Non-“Christians” perhaps. Broad rush framing of the likes of Robertson and Huckabee is falsely condemning the wider Christian community.

1 Like

Exalted Cyclops endorses Grand Dragon. Story at 11.

10 Likes

So, he supports a racist segregationist? Good to know.

2 Likes

But did Cruz drink a glass of water while Lee did the endorsement?

2 Likes

Oh. So there’s TWO black people in Utah. Thanks for clearing that up. LOL!
Yeah, and if Romney pulled over and started crying at that news, it was probably because he realized he might have to end up talking with a black person.

2 Likes

That was just because they wanted BYU to win at football. They still don’t like american blacks, Mia Love is from an Haitian family, and her husband is white.

2 Likes

So much for Lee’s credentials as a true conservative. He’s a reactionary like Moore.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available