Discussion: CPAC Official: It Was Wrong To Elect Former RNC Chair 'Because He's A Black Guy'

1 Like

Michael - You’re smart and a man of integrity. There is no place for you in today’s GOP. Come on over to the other side. We welcome you!

35 Likes

And the black guy thought they really liked him. HA!!

The truth is out.

44 Likes

Can we finally admit that the Conservative Movement is shot through with stone racists the way a life-long smoker is shot through with incurable cancer? Time for death with dignity.

39 Likes

This is not news at all is it?

28 Likes

Definition of a gaffe: Blurting out the stupid shit you actually believe.

36 Likes

Well, if “obviously way, way, way out of context” translates from CPAC to English as “yep, that’s exactly what I said but I didn’t think anyone would, you know, show the video,” and we know it does, then I have to say he’s totally right on this.

22 Likes

Geez, Steele, when are you going to switch parties? You are such a fool.

25 Likes

I can’t believe an official of CPAC would go onstage in front of an audience and say something like that. (Michael Steele)

I can.

47 Likes

Yes, that’s much worse than the truth: It was wrong to elect him, because he did a lousy job.

2 Likes

Every man and woman of color thinking there is a home for them under the Republican tent should pay attention: even when you play by their rules, many of them are still willing to stab you in the back because you are not white. Your inclusion is a cynical manipulation and a pitiful attempt to appear non-racist.

24 Likes

Not only did they choose him be cause he was black…as soon as he got into office, they persecuted him because he was black. His finances were investigated and the criticism of him was whitering. They could not wait to replace him with a white guy. Steele bore the hate with a modicum of class. But everything about his career in the GOP leadership points to the fact that black people have no place in today’s GOP.

I remember decades ago when JC Watts of Oklahoma resigned from house leadership, because the party was not serious about doing anything to improve the black condition. That is still true today.

33 Likes

Absolute Highlight of Steele’s tenure? Let me find the quote…

“If y’all come [over to to GOP] I got the fried chicken and potato salad.”

Yes, he really said that. Sounds delicious.

11 Likes

“See we’re not racist!”

LOL.

6 Likes

What is Ian Walters ethnic background ? Google was no help. He looks Black, Hispanic or Indian … if so his lashing out at Steel is even more despicable.

6 Likes
4 Likes

There are many like Steele who can and should make the switch.

2 Likes

In fairness to the repubs, the CPAC person did not say that a black man should not have been elected as RNC Chair, which the headline, because of the way it is constructed, seems to read. On the other hand, why be fair to repubs?

3 Likes

I saw this last night and found a picture of this moron online. Is he lily white? Doesn’t look it.

Apparently, when Walters said what he was really thinking, the people at the table gasped. Some of them can be shocked, I guess, maybe because he said it out loud.

I do not understand why POC who seem to have some integrity and intelligence are republicans, especially in the party’s “new” look. It’s not your father’s party any more. It’s become something unrecognizable by decent people.

12 Likes

He can’t believe a CPAC official would say it, but surely he knows they all think it.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available