Discussion: Diplomat Who Putin Wants To Question: 'Chilling' That Trump Hasn't Rejected It

More like treason in real time.

2 Likes

Day to day, I can never decide whether he’s just hopelessly ignorant or malign.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s some special “original” clause or phrasing they can twist anyway their little (no, really, we’re talking tiny, tiny) hearts desire, if so inclined. Not sure they’ll go for it on this particular matter. But something to keep in mind for future rulings that destroy decades of precedence and settled (cough, cough) law.

Yeah nobody in this country has the slightest amount of anything like the power to compel any American to be questioned by a foreign government. Jesus fuck - we have never allowed our military to serve under a foreign officer, either - we refuse.

This is the single most outrageous thing Trump has ever suggested in my view. I can remember Limbaugh and the rest of the Ratwing going fucknuts over our courts citing foreign law which they don’t do but Limbaugh and the rest claimed they did and it was a liberal plot to take over America for some unknown unnamed foreign ideology.

These people have totally lost their minds.

4 Likes

Does anyone know the names of the rest of the people Putin wants besides Browder and McFaul? Do they have the resources and name recognition to be protected?

2 Likes

LOL! I’m sure Putin would be happy to provide those…

1 Like

Who, of course, will honestly explain everything they did. Why, they’ll even put their hand on a Bible, if that’ll make a difference to us.

As soon as Trump said it was a matter of national security and was essential to prevent a war with Russia the Court would grant him carte blanche to do all that is necessary to defend the homeland uber alles.

3, 3, 1
3, 3, 1
Grab that rope,
Let’s get 'er done!

1 Like

I really don’t think even this SCOTUS would go along with this.

I’m unclear on just how Trump would make him available. Will he have him arrested and held in custody until the Russians have time to interrogate him? This is insane and terrifying. The US is considering making a citizen not charged with any crime or malfeasance available for a foreign government to question at will. Chilling doesn’t begin to cover it!

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re right there on the recording they released from the Donnie-Pootie summit. Just read the transcript.

Oh, wait…

1 Like

What a load of shit. This should’ve been denounced. It was a no brainer. Trump made sure the sincerity crap was included.

1 Like

Both, with a big dose of bottomless greed.

1 Like

Jesus may be the reason for the season, but Putin is the reason for the treason.

2 Likes

McFaul’s Twitter Feed has an answer (https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1019932434740236288)

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Seriously, if Trump has to give over anyone other than himself for questioning to get something that will make him look good, why not? It’s not like Putin wants to torture Trump himself. Geesh!

Maybe Putin will get another shot at it. The Hill is reporting that Trump wants another summit with Putin.

Reminds me of McCain wanting to suspend his and Obama’s campaigning so McCain could focus on the financial crisis that was swamping America at the time.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available