Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

1 Like

I think we need to move on and not get distracted by those issues. Letā€™s get on with the real issues that are facing people of this country right now.ā€

above emphasis mine. Shove it up your ass, Jones. These are real issues.

49 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/videos/doug-jones-i-may-vote-with-gop-on-some-issues/vi-BBGSfl8?ocid=spartanntp

Heā€™s trying to get re-elected as a Democratic Senator from Alabama. Cut him some slack here, folks, his opinions on this are not determinative.

36 Likes

Itā€™s helpful to know that sexual harassment claims are not real issues, to the person elected because his opponent was credibly accused of the same. Hmmm.

15 Likes

Doug Jones: ā€˜I Think We Need To Move Onā€™ From Trump Misconduct Allegations

Franken: Why Me?

14 Likes

ā€œBecause he was in my way.ā€

ā€“ Kirsten Gillibrand

36 Likes

Nope. Women have given men ā€œslackā€ for far too long. There were plenty of ways to respond to that while still being ā€œof ALā€ he did none of that.

21 Likes

Well, I guess he was elected to represent Alabama. In that sense, heā€™s just doing the job he was hired to do.

That said, he has a point. Trump was elected in spite of the allegations against him. Unless criminal charges can be filed against him based on any of these allegations, asking him to resign based simply on accusations that were already known about prior to him being elected is rather undemocratic.

We can certainly disagree with the choice voters made last year, but the choice was made after these women came forward.

18 Likes

Hey Doug, if you go to the White House to meet with tRump donā€™t go in all starry eyed. Take your wife and at least two lawyers, refuse to be alone with him.

14 Likes

And?

Did you think Roy Moore was going to vote with Democrats on some issues?

This perfect pony nonsense is just too much.

Iā€™d rather have a guy that might vote with me four times out of ten than a guy I know Iā€™ll never get anything from, especially when the opposition is in the majority to begin with.

22 Likes

So apparently the ā€œgoodā€ people of Alabama elected a Republican after all.

4 Likes

Nope.

They elected a guy that is aware of the political realities of being a Democrat in the reddest state in the disunion.

32 Likes

The Franken allegations came out after the election. I think thatā€™s the hair Doug Jones is trying to split. And honestly, heā€™s got a point that the voters elected Trump even with those credible accusations came out - though Iā€™d like to point out a helluva lot more people voted against him than for him.

I suspect that Doug Jones doesnā€™t want to be seen as a fluke who was only elected because of the Roy Moore sex scandal. Anyway, while sexual misconduct wonā€™t bring Trump down, thereā€™s no shortage of other, well-documented, pervasive, and intentional corruption that will.

As for the ā€œmay vote with Republicans on some issuesā€ - give me a break. That is standard boilerplate. Iā€™d be shocked if Franken himself never said anything similar upon his first election. Trumptheory not withstanding, he represents an entire, rather backward conservative state, not just the people who put him in office.

14 Likes

So Alabama can rest easy. They elected a Democrat, but heā€™s just another cracker. Theyā€™ve still got a wheel in the ditch, just like they like it.

8 Likes

Another weasel, but heā€™s our weasel.

5 Likes

Alabama isnā€™t going to elect a decent person under any circumstances.

7 Likes

realpolitik - heā€™ll never resign in a million years over harrassment allegations - letā€™s get him on his other crimes like bribery, fiscal malfeasance - and oh yeah, colluding with a hostile foreign power to become the oligarchic leader of our country

19 Likes

Yeahā€¦a guy who brought justice to a decades-old hate crime.

How awful.

19 Likes

So your point is that issues donā€™t matter, only the party matters. Where have I heard that one before?

Chances are that heā€™s going to vote with the Democrats most of the time, because they are ones who are interested in governing and the values and issues he campaigned on are Democratic values and issues. There is nothing wrong with him reassuring Alabamans that he will be open to good ideas wherever they come from - literally everybody does that. (Well, maybe not Bernie Sanders, but everybody else.)

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available