Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

The vote was taken after the allegations were made - that is true. But people voted for a man who said he would sue his accusers for defamation, that is a court would hear the claims. That did not happen.

They also voted for someone who said that he would release his tax returns.

Yes Trump won the presidency by the Electoral vote. But 3 million people voted against him who believed Trump is a sexual predator. Its amazing if a Republican lost the election by 3 million votes they would never let up. But the dems are taking the high road which gets them nothing.

Wow.

Exactly.

Goddamn we shoot our own all the time for no good reason. We just won a senate seat in Alabama for the first time in 25 years.

5 Likes

What does matter for your money, your health and your immigrant friends is getting rid of Trump. Trump’s bad behavior is sinking in and may give us a lever. Impeachment hearings on whether Trump raped a thirteen year old might provide enough evidence to change more minds.

PPP’s newest national poll finds that a majority of voters think Donald Trump should resign from the Presidency because of the allegations of sexual harassment against him. 53% think Trump should step down to just 42% who think he should remain in office. 53% of voters believe the women who have accused Trump of harassment, to 31% who think they aren’t telling the truth.

1 Like

Works for me and I think the Democratic women think that as well.

I just don’t expect this brand new senator who hasn’t been sworn in yet or talked to any of his new colleagues about their concerns, as far as I know, to start spouting liberal stuff all over the place.

1 Like

If by “move on” you mean “to the trial” then okay. If you mean forget the underage rape thing then you can go fuck yourself with the horse Moore rode in on. Sorry, Sassy.

1 Like

I blame whoever is prepping him for these interviews. His team should have anticipated this question and gave Jones a prepared answer and deflection. He didn’t have to say what he said in order to speak to his base. He could have made the same point without coming across as just another guy making excuses for men behaving badly. He needs a coach and a writer. You hear that Doug? You need a coach and a writer! Chop chop now.

1 Like

What’s good for the goose is good for the Trump.

The Court of Public Opinion is better than it used to be. But impeachment hearings would provide a far more rigorous examination of the evidence.

Some economists talk about the “grabbing hand” model of kleptocracy that emerged e.g. in the early transition years of Russia after the collapse of the USSR. Here, the focus is on grabbing public assets like Ryan Zinke or Steve Mnuchin, rather than just grabbing women’s crotch area. Maybe Jones wants us to focus on the grabbing hand model of Trumpism less literally.

Sorta makes me sorry that we sent him money.

No, it’s an investment of political capital with the potential for a high return. While Trump will not resign ,it keeps front and center that Trump is a bad actor and it shows women that the Democratic Party cares about their well being.

How very ungrateful, when it was similar allegations against his opponent that tipped the election -just barely!- to him.

What Next? Will he’ll start dissing the African American Women who also got him elected?

Good Ol’ Boy. Greedy Ol’ Basta*d.

And who says criminal charges can’t be filed against t-rump? I believe there is a 14-year old who was raped amongst his accusers, isn’t there? Rape is illegal, last i heard.

1 Like

“Aware of political realities” = kiss-ass to repugs in hopes of getting elected, which will NEVER happen because repugs hate hate hate all dems.

You can remind people he’s a bad actor and show women they’re cared about—the Democrats recently made a pretty big investment in that—and yet not make a demand that Trump will blithely ignore. There’s any number of ways to send that message without making yourself look weak in the process.

2 Likes

Lock him up!

Huh?

That’s not good enough for me. For reasons stated “above.” In a world where we have to accept one side of the story, or even a lie, because of the gender of the source, we all lose. We are in a period of disruption and realignment right now, and that’s needed, but we have to remain reasonable. Hopefully this movement will last and help create a society in which the abused feel safe enough to come forward. But I’m not ready to cede the protections of our justice system in the process.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available