Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

It’s clear that you believe in behaving just like Republicans behave.
That is the single biggest dumbshit move Democrats could make.

1 Like

Low bandwidth here. Thanks for the links. It will be a good era when voters can choose on the basis of Democratic positive and proactive policy instead of disgust with Republican reaction and grift.

1 Like

Yes, it was.

But that isn’t the issue at hand, is it?

1 Like

Moore being an accused ephebophile and absolutely bat-shit crazy when it comes to god, the law and the constitution didn’t hurt. :wink:

3 Likes

I will check back in with you on election night in 2020 and we will see if Doug Jones got re-elected…my guess is he won’t and we would have been better off getting more democrats from other states into the senate using the Roy Moore stench that would have attached to republicans. And dude you do not know me…i am far from a purity leftist…just a realist. I don’t regret that Doug Jones was elected I just think that the black women that made that happen won’t come out for him again if he starts pandering in an effort to be re-elected before he is even sworn in.

1 Like

That is actually what kept him in the race.

1 Like

Yes it is. The African American community turned out over anger at Moore, Trump, Bannon, et al. Turning around and immediately parroting White House talking points on Trump’s sexual offenses is a great start to turning off the African American community’s fire for supporting democrats. And he’s doing it to appease a group that didn’t support him and never will. Jones did not switch back working class whites, a point you tried to claim he did in your last response.

2 Likes

I’m cross-posting this because it’s that important.

If you’re not terrified, you’re not paying attention.

Watch these first 30 minutes. There’s a lot of information here that you need to know.

Note: Despite what the chyron reads, this is not about “Black Women and the Democratic Party.” This is about the authoritarian takeover of our government.

Unfortunately, Jones is exactly right. Trump made a few women uncomfortable, but if he kills off ACA, throws out DACA kids, and cuts the taxes of rich people so much the deficit will balloon, he’s going to make millions and millions of people VERY uncomfortable. Trump’s behavior on this score is abhorrent, but we should not be distracted from the really big things. Trump would LOVE for us to get so distracted away from the really big things where he can do the most harm.

2 Likes

and yet republicans keep winning even though more people vote for democrats…never mind dude…i bow to you obvious superior knowledge of the situation.

And what makes you believe we won’t do that in any event?
The Senate is now a tossup in the mid-terms.

What you call pandering his constituents might call looking at what really matters more to them.

Since you have to know that Trump won’t resign, calling for him to do so is just pissing into the wind, with the side effect of making Jones look like he’s pandering to the far left—a sure death knell in Alabama politics.

2 Likes

Only someone who’s never been (on a daily basis because of their gender) grabbed, assaulted, cat-called, pinched, tongue forced down their throat, etc., etc. would say something as asinine as what you just wrote.

NOTHING GETS BETTER UNTIL ALL WOMEN ARE TREATED LIKE HUMAN BEINGS. Yeah, I yelled it, I’d scream it on the street corners day and night if I didn’t have daughters to raise, they need me more than the psych ward.

4 Likes

and yet 7 Benghazi committees were convened to create an Aura of scandal around HRC and the democrats. pissing into the wind or an effective strategy? i think the latter as it resulted in the election of the single most odious and unqualified president we have ever had. but you do you dude

That’s due to gerrymandering, and that issue will be addressed in the 2020 census.

First intelligent thing you’ve posted on this thread.

This isn’t that, and no one but right-wing true believers bought any of that crap.

1 Like

Not to split hairs but do you mean he stayed in the race because he’s bat-shit crazy or the people of AL were ok with bat-shit crazy so he stayed in the race? I guess both are true to a degree so my question is moot.

too bad you have not done the same

I’d like to think he is only being politic (in the original meaning of that term).

are you delusional…if you think the 7 benghazi hearing had no effect on HRC’s poll numbers you are a political neophyte of the highest order. the vast swath of American voters are uninformed and believe what keeps showing up in the news repeatedly. hammer Hillary for 4 years and she wins the popular vote but loses the electoral college…lay off Donald Trump and you make his re-election easier

Your reliance on logical fallacies marks you as a weak intellect.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available