Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

I think the far left is every bit as evil, hateful, and bad intentioned as the right.

4 Likes

I just meant to say that all of things you mentioned are considered pluses by a lot of Alabamians with the exception of the pedophilia and they wrote that off as a media smear - crazy when it comes to the law, God and the constitution are part of the Republican charter there.

1 Like

Itā€™s only a distraction if you were born male.

4 Likes

oh genius please do elucidate me on the ā€œlogical fallaciesā€ā€¦

The last one you used is the tu quoque fallacy, which avoids criticism by turning it back on the accuser----answering criticism with criticism.

Youā€™re also fond of the anecdotal fallacy, which uses isolated incidents to dismiss an argument, and you are very adept at building straw men.

Ohā€¦ i thought you were going to actually tell me how what I said was falseā€¦I see when you canā€™t argue the facts YOU argue philosophy.

1 Like

x1,000

I did tell you.

Using logical fallacies exposes the falsity of your so-called argument.
Add to that your overweening pomposity and your obvious inability to accept criticism, and you come across like every Republican apologist in the country.

And enough of your attempts at thread-jacking.
Comment on topic or fuck off.

1 Like

As a black woman who lives in the kinda South, I just want to say thank you. Youā€™re exactly right. Roy Moore being a pedophile was part of it, but a much, much, much bigger part was Doug Jones being a champion for those four little girls.

4 Likes

Exactly my thinking. I donā€™t particularly like this answer, but Iā€™m sure as shit not about to throw the baby out with the bath water. Hopefully, heā€™ll hear the push back and do better next time.

5 Likes

ohā€¦profanityā€¦the recourse of the undeveloped mind. The second you feel the need to tell me to fuck off I realize you yourself actually know you have nothing, neither logic, nor facts. Now if you could have come back with some empirical evidence that the people that turned out in a off year special election to elect Doug Jones ,running against a pedophile, and only winning by 1.5 percentage points, deserve to be thrown under the bus because he has a likelihood of being re-elected in 2020 in a presidential year against a generic republican than you would be worth listening to. The historic record, the exit polling, and the current state of politics say that Doug Jones will not be able to be re-elected in AL in 2020 by being more like a republican. Come back at me with facts or take your own advice and get off this thread.

1 Like

Not according to the people that actually voted for him. You are a knowledgeable, highly engaged voter. Most voters (and Iā€™m in no way talking only about African Americans, women or any other subset, Iā€™m talking voters in general of all race, gender, color or creed) are not. The African American community in Alabama has been very clear that this wasnā€™t about Doug Jones. His conviction of those Klan members gave him credibility, but this was a referendum on Moore and his decades of bigotry. I posted these earlier in the thread and a Google search will supply dozens more all in agreement, that the African American community in Alabama vocally cared more about defeating Moore than championing Doug Jones.

3 Likes

Actually, studies show that people who curse are smarter, and have larger vocabularies than those who donā€™t swear.

I made no such claim. Thatā€™s you and your idiotic straw man argument again.

Your stupidity bores me.

your imbecility amuses me

Jonesā€™ victory was just inching the ball forward. Sometimes, thatā€™s all you can do. I donā€™t expect a Democratic senator (newly elected) from freaking Alabama to be a firebrand. Those who do expect that are going to be very disappointed in our political process for the rest of their lives.

I take small victories where we can get them. That being said, winning AL was not a small victory.

5 Likes

FYI - Shelby was reelected by a wide margin AFTER he switched parties from Dem to GOPā€¦ just saying.

A lot of people are saying that Pee Pee is still grabbing genitals in the White House. I am wondering whether Hope Hicks are still steaming his trousers for him in the office and the residence.

Iā€™m not expecting a firebrand, but women certainly donā€™t need another man excusing some other manā€™s horrendous behavior towards women. Jeezus, for the sex with balls guys sure do scare easy.

2 Likes

People used to say the same fucking shit about people who watched tv. The I Donā€™t Watch TV snobs. Fuck that.

2 Likes

Checkmate 2016. No. Because Moore was also a rascist, homophobe, scofflaw who thought slavery was cool. The thing about these accusations of sexual misconduct is that they have to be backed up with charges. If we apply no standard to them, and treat every accusation as a fact, we are totally screwed. If Trump assaulted someone, they need to charge him. Also, I think Franken was different because of the photo. He was sunk when that went public.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available