Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

Not liking the sound of this…Sexual harassment is an issue whenever it happened and drumpf threatened the 19 women…repeatedly…

Jones won in part for the accusations that his opponent faced which are the same as drumpf faced with epstein…We know he lied then and admitted to being a sexual predator on video and radio later.

Jones must be straddling the fence on his first day out…not good.

1 Like

Oh, I get it. If you’re born female you don’t give a c**p about ACA, DACA, and tax cuts for the wealthy. Who knew?!

This is true, and I think that instead of getting mad and hating them for not fully understanding an issue many women don’t, we need to educate.

2 Likes

“Admitting” something on radio, or in what he thought was a private conversation, is proof of nothing. Especially for such an epic bullshitter. I get that people are pissed. I’m pissed, too. But accusations are not facts.

No, but obviously if you’re born a female harassment holds the same weight as ACA, DACA and tax cuts for the wealthy - as well it should for everyone, but if you haven’t experienced that crap on a daily basis throughout your entire life I can see why you’d think it can be put on the back burner.

By the way, women get to partake in the Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness too ya know.

3 Likes

So all the accusations count for nothing, even with him admitting he could grab people whenever he wanted?

5 Likes

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/12/doug-jones-will-be-the-most-liberal-senator-from-alabama-in-recent-history/

2 Likes

If you’re going to play, best make sure spellingband grammar goodly.

3 Likes

As long as the GOP controls the government, the accusations count for nothing.

1 Like

Can I be angry in my home and on comment boards, but educate them politely in the real world? Please?

And I need to add, it is the job of the parents with boys to educate their sons about treating others with respect - no matter their sex, race, religion, yadda, yadda, yadda. I have girls and I’ve had to teach them all about the young men who are just waiting to roofy them.

1 Like

They should, and did, drive public opinion about him as a lecherous and twisted creature, so they aren’t meaningless. But the #metoo movement should not be weaponized against our justice system. If Trump assaulted someone, they should charge him. Plain and simple. Trump’s not right. Jones isn’t right (although he is a liberal and a prosecutor, so he’s certainly an authoritative voice to add discussion). I’m not even 100% sure I’m right about them. But I know that anyone can say anything about anyone any time. Someone who works for me could ruin me based on nothing at all if emboldened and shameless enough to do so. We don’t want to live in a world like that. So we need standards.

You make a good point. Maybe for the black community outside of AL, those of us who haven’t been suffering under Moore’s evil, it was about Doug Jones. But for those who have, it was about beating Moore. Goes to show the level of his awfulness.

4 Likes

That gets on my nerves like I couldn’t begin to tell you. Good for fucking you that you don’t watch TV. You know there are more than four channels now? Arggggg!

2 Likes

Jones has said he’s not calling for trump’s resignation but he wants Congressional hearings and Mueller’s investigation to produce results which will remove him. It’s nothing like sucking up to trump, that’s what R senators who are willing to sign onto tax legislation which might destroy our economy do in order to make financial gains themselves. And in Corker’s case, IMO, a nomination to be the next Secretary of State.

1 Like

LOLOLOLOL…yeah, there’s always a star bellied sneetch somewhere.

1 Like

Of course. I’m just saying that men are still learning and we’ve got to understand that. Fuck, 53% of white women haven’t figured it out either.

1 Like

What if the statute of limitations is up? What if the police refuse to bring charges for lack of evidence? This is a ridiculous standard.

1 Like

I hear you. This is the only place I can truly let my angry hair down, in real life I wear it up in a bun. :smile: :wink:

1 Like

I am more than open to alternatives. Got any?

Josh Marshall: “3rd or 4th rate lawyers and in some cases simple incompetents. Why? Because Trump values sycophancy above competence and because none of the top lawyers were willing to work for him.”

I stroke my beard. Hmmm. Same thing with banks that won’t lend to Trump. How could I not see this before?

Often wondered why Trump’s lawyers were stupid as all hell. I thought money could buy any lawyers, but apparently only those that have accounts with Deutsche Bank.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available