Discussion: Doug Jones: 'I Think We Need To Move On' From Trump Misconduct Allegations

Jones is from Alabama - it is a state that is still living in pre-civil war and the slavery period of America.

The Democrats blew it - Al Franken should not have resigned. Under Alabama logic, he should remain in office until voted out no matter what!

But of course Jones is conveniently forgetting 2 facts:

1. Trump lost to Hillary by at least 3 million votes and likely by far more than that!
  2. Trump’s win via the electoral college was rigged by Putin.

Trump was not supported by the people - it was a bogus election.

2 Likes
“He was elected with those allegations at front and center,”
                  Jones said

No he wasn’t …Doug …
He was short by 3 million … give or take …

He’s illegitimate —

6 Likes

Inflexibility. A lack of an ability to strategize or compromise in a world that does not yet contain the ideal conditions you seek. Unreasonable. Emotional and well-intentioned but without a realistic plan of moving change forward. Populist.

11 Likes

32 Democratic senators – 13 female and 19 male – called on Senator Al Franken to resign.

Only 6 Democratic senators – 2 female and 4 male – have called on President Donald Trump to resign.

Ask yourselves why.

A good definition for “narrow-minded.”

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter how many come forward, Trump isn’t going to resign over it. Putting Jones on the spot, before he even gets to DC, and then shrieking about his response isn’t going to accomplish anything. But not calling for resignation (over the accusations), is not mutually exclusive with supporting hearing the voices of the women.

Bring it on - encourage the ladies to keep speaking out - I hope that more who are out there join in and speak out (because there are certainly more with Trump). The revulsion factor will bleed on to some GOP in 2018 - and it should. The wave election that is a-coming will just keep growing.

Then with a house and senate - and Mueller’s investigation - the levers are in place to start hearings and move Trump out of the office. I think the continuing specter of Trump’s accusers and his actions (unless he is dumb enough to make a move on some lady while he is in office - and thus a contemporaneous event) will just add fuel to the national urge to oust him from office - despite what ever deplorable backlash might occur as a result.

6 Likes

…diplomacy comes in many forms haha.

4 Likes

OK, so then, is there anything a politician should not be inflexible about?

1 Like

@nineo nailed it. But you already knew that right? Probably better if you just say what you mean.

strawman

3 Likes

Gillibrand’s call on Trump counts for literally nothing, as it only came after days of napalm-strike level immolation on her senatorial FB page following her rodent fornication of Franken.

2 Likes

Jones is right. As bad as the sexual allegations against Trump are, they do have to rank second after the Trump-Russia collusion.

6 Likes

Really? How so?

(Or if it’s easier, you could try answering the prior question about inflexibility.)

Yes, that’s my point. Jones can say this today while Gillibrand hammers Trump, and when (not if) additional women come forward he can change his stance. I don’t for a second believe Jones doesn’t care about this issue*, but there are a variety of angles for attacking PotUS and a great disparity between MA, MN, and AL voters.

*he’s a former prosecutor, for G-d’s sake

8 Likes

JFC! WTF Jones??? WOMEN PUT YOU IN OFFICE AND TURN RIGHT AROUND AND SHIT ON THEM! Just another phony southern democrat who is far to the right of democratic policies but not so crazy as to have a place in the gop.

3 Likes

The most charitable thing I can say about that statement by Jones is that it’s utterly tone-deaf.

5 Likes

Except that trump bragged about what he had done abusing women so there’s that Mr Jones.
Also there are the “Russia” matters that need to be investigated and if indictments are needed then let’s have 'em (I think they most definitely are needed for around a half dozen serious crimes…one trump freely admitted to twice). And these crimes involve trump directly along with his people.

1 Like

I already said @nineo answered it fine. Why you are pretending not to understand these things I can’t say.

2 Likes

The Franken allegations came out after the election. I think that’s the hair Doug Jones is trying to split.

I call that BS.

I suspect that Doug Jones doesn’t want to be seen as a fluke who was only elected because of the Roy Moore sex scandal.

It doesnt matter how hard he tries, he should know, he is from Alabama and Pedophilia alone was the reason for him being here. 48% went with Pedophile. No point even pretending.

As for the “may vote with Republicans on some issues” - give me a break. That is standard boilerplate. .

I disagree. This is something you dont have to say even if you do it, given what Drumpf has been doing. You alienate many many more. People did not elect him with that in mind.

3 Likes

Neglecting sick children.

Things you should be flexible about? You should consider not joining a fight for public opinion (that your party is already winning) when most of the voters that you represent desperately want to get back to things they consider more important and away from their moment of national humiliation.

More important things - like how the party currently in power is neglecting sick children to enact tax cuts for millionaires. That’s a message that will resonate much more widely in Alabama.

10 Likes

He’s from Alabama.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available