Discussion: EPA Chief Pruitt Looks To Kneecap Environmental Groups With New Policy

Before Pruitt dismantles the EPA do you think he’ll try and put the lead back in gasoline?

3 Likes

He wants the lead put back in paint first—gotta have those paint chips to feed his ignorant base so they’ll keep voting for Republican assholes.

2 Likes

Not likely. Taking lead out of gasoline put the onus on engine manufacturers, not on refiners.

Never ever tell me both sides are the same.

8 Likes

You have to wonder if Pruitt’s actions will unfortunately embolden the eco terrorist movement like the folks who came to for in the 80’s. The Earth First crowd who would to use the term “monkey wrench” Bombings, spiking trees etc.
I would hope this stuff doesn’t occur since it would give them a convenient foil.

Like Trump, Pruitt is afraid of holding normal open to the entire public announcement of his policy change. Putin’s Puppets are hypersensitive to normal scrutiny and “gotcha questions.” Afraid someone will ask him about his emails as Oklahoma AG.

1 Like

Can’t like, but definitely agree.

SO when those offshore rigs, and fracking pipelines trump has approved take land and lives this EPA will just shrug and claim avoidance making the owners and those who approved of those rigs and pipelines more liable…

1 Like

So he’s going to end up spending more money on litigation than he otherwise would have, while asking for a smaller budget, which means laying off even more of the people who do the real work at the EPA. Win-win for his donors.

1 Like

And has been tested time and again at SCOTUS since it became law in 1969.

1 Like

Party Lines once again. Give Corporations more. If there are deaths that are linked to his influenceover the environment, as is it is MI"s call on water. I think he should be charged to with manslaughter.

Watch what you do MR. it will come home to rest on Your head and Trumps’.

Are the courts going to go along with this new policy? It seems to me that fighting to the last might just give judges the ability to make rules with less EPA control of the outcome than they have in the settlement process.

As to attorney fees, I might be wrong, but aren’t they authorized by statute? If so, what stops a judge from ordering them?

On a similar topic…did I hear right that Zinke wants to open up Muir Woods for clean cutting by the lumber industry? That’s like committing the ultimate mortal sin and asking for a few archangels to come after you. It’s like conservatives have given up all pretenses of being Christians.

1 Like

So, this is more winning?
For whom?
Oilfascists and coalnazis are the only beneficiaries.
The children of the future will pay a hard price for our continued indulgence of Smaug and his millionaire minons.
Until we recognize how fossil fuel interests have subsumed our very governance for profane, polluting profits, and rectify that grave error in our culture, we fail the children of the future completely.
We MUST free our government from the political leash that fossil fuels hold on it.
It is our most vital issue, in all our endeavors.
This is our biggest challenge, for the benefit of humankind and its progeny.
Take all power from polluters and give it to the people.

They certainly seem completely fooled by The Orange Pretender.

They seem quite willing to worship Trump, regardless of his outrageous, buffoonish, piggish, outright sinfully decadent behavior and lifestyle, they certainly don’t recognize the devil they are following now for what he is.

Does that mean they really aren’t Christians in the first place?

That is a question, not a statement.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available