Discussion: Ex-CIA Director Brennan: I Think Trump 'Is Afraid Of The President Of Russia'

“Putin’s yoyo” is neat. I like it. Thanks.

5 Likes

I don’t think Trump’s 71 year old arteries can keep going at this pace.

9 Likes

Fair enough. Poe’s law at work. I do often see people saying “GRR NOT ENOUGH OUTRAGE” when the person in question seems pretty outraged so that’s how I took it. I think when John Brennan says these things straight out, every public Trump supporter or enabler, shall we say, in D.C. has to feel a freezing hand grip his or her heart. It’s one of the biggest scandals in history, and the conspiracy is falling apart daily, and they’re all on the wrong side of it.

16 Likes

I agree. I only have an image of his nostrils as he rants into his computer camera about things he knows nothing about.

Well if Trump’s base is just like Trump then it’s time for pictures, the words they’re too confusing.

8 Likes

Israel.

It’s always been wrong with him, going at least as far back as the '60s.

2 Likes

These are the same people that have deeply held magical thinking convictions, so they’re going to need signs, lots and lots of signs.

7 Likes

I never was much of a Brennan fan but I do love how now he has no shts to give.

9 Likes

“I think he is afraid of the president of Russia,” Brennan responded.

Will Trump feed the troll?

O, say can you see?

Is snow white?

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s quite right to say that Trump is afraid of Putin. It is more that Trump understands Putin and knows where his advantage lies – in not crossing Putin.

You can tell what Trump is afraid of by what he attacks and vilifies: Truth, justice, Mueller, strong women, Mexicans, the FBI and the Intelligence community in general, and someone getting hold of his tax returns.

3 Likes

I don’t think Uncle Vlad wants to, I think he already does

7 Likes

Here is a hint:

11 Likes

I didn’t sleep well so to be clearer, by public Trump supporter I mean a person in public life who outwardly supports Trump to fit in with the crowd but knows perfectly well what he is and what he’s done. They know they’ve got a time bomb going.

11 Likes

Former CIA Directors are not known for speaking out on contemporary politics. Brennan clearly sees this as matter of national security. I’m sure that he, Clapper and others feel compelled to speak out now because nobody in this administration will. And the silence from the majority party in Congress is deafening. Extraordinary times.

22 Likes

Yes, given Brennan’s calm delivery and carefully parsed words, this statement is the equivalent of a break-glass emergency alarm.

13 Likes

7 Likes

Special “Council”

I agree, wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Cool and sorry again for missing the point. Snowing like a bastard here too. Have a nice second day of spring. :smile: :four_leaf_clover: :seedling:

6 Likes

Sorry guys. All it’s snowing here is pollen. We’re in bloom down here - bluebonnets, dogwoods, pears, sneezes…

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available