Discussion: Ex-Obama Official: Trump 'Unequivocally Wrong' About Calling Grieving Families

1 Like

“Unequivocally wrong”? No, he was just lying, as usual.

9 Likes

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told TPM in an email that “The President wasn’t criticizing predecessors, but stating a fact.”

Please die in a pile of shit.

22 Likes

I dearly wish that President Obama would sue Trump for slander for this gross and malignant lie.

I think that damages of a couple billion would get Trump’s attention.

I can’t remember all that elements necessary to make a slander argument against a public figure but I know that ‘actual malice’ is the important one and he should have no argument here.

5 Likes

Alyssa Mastromonaco said it best, “that’s a fucking lie.”

I wish more people called it out for what it is.

16 Likes

It’s a stupid, gratuitous, self-inflicted wound. As well as a lie, but if you say, “Trump said,” you know it was a lie.

Unfortunately, some bunch of cretins, many of whom may be able to vote, will continue to believe it.

8 Likes

As smarter people have said–if this was your parent or grandparent, you’d take the car keys and checkbook away. Instead, he’s got the launch codes.

12 Likes

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told TPM in an email that “The President wasn’t criticizing predecessors, but stating a fact.”

Die, you c … rass bitch!

9 Likes

Mike Huckabee must be so proud.

5 Likes

Just because Obama didn’t do it with cameras rolling and a bunch of sycophants standing around doesn’t mean he didn’t to it. Our narcissist sociopath of a president doesn’t understand that some people aren’t glory hounds.
Has Trump called the families of the 4 soldiers killed in Niger?

5 Likes

Huckabee Sanders, STOP IT. JUST STOP IT NOW.

4 Likes

I see you beat me to the punch by 10 minutes! LOL.

5 Likes

A despicable lie.

2 Likes

No more stove, either.

2 Likes

Great minds…

I hate those people, I fuckin’ hate those people… :persevere:

6 Likes

It has to do with negative press.

I remember a friend’s aunt who defended Nixon as a good man, to her deathbed, because he sent her a letter when her only child was killed in Vietnam. These letters and calls mean a lot.

10 Likes

“Individuals claiming former Presidents, such as their bosses, called each family of the fallen, are mistaken.”

Easily disproved S.Huckster – call sheets and WH phone records can establish that. Pathetic.

8 Likes

Individuals claiming former Presidents, such as their bosses, called each family of the fallen, are mistaken.

She then went on to note that Abraham Lincoln had not placed a single telephone call to a fallen soldier’s family, ever, just to name one prominent example.

Homework assignment, Sarah. Complete the following sentence: “Thou shalt not bear false…”

It should sound familiar, but if it doesn’t, maybe you can ask Dad for some help.

5 Likes

"Individuals claiming former Presidents, such as their bosses, called each family of the fallen, are mistaken.” (Sarah Lee)

No, Sarah, not one single individual claimed this – but your orange weenie claimed President Obama and other Presidents didn’t do any of those things. Lie all you want. Take up for it all you want. This will be the last real public service position you’ll ever hold. You, Sarah, wouldn’t know the truth if it chased you all the way to the doughnut shoppe by way of the Arkansas Tents R Us factory.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available