Discussion: Ex-Obama Official: Trump 'Unequivocally Wrong' About Calling Grieving Families

“Deranged animal” is a nice touch.

Oughta be chiseled on his tomb someday.

In the meantime, this is gonna be the most popular re-tweet in history.

Within about fifteen minutes…

21 Likes

All of his cooked up lies either have the Obama topping on them or it is baked right in. It is evidence that his every thought is wrapped in Obama hate.

4 Likes

TPM keep saying Trump quickly walked back the lie about President Obama. It was not a walk back. He simply qualified it stating the generals told him that former Presidents did not make calls or did it infrequently. He was caught in a flat out lie and needed to run for cover and like a con man blamed someone else. SHS just smeared lipstick on the pig.

13 Likes

A few minutes later, she clarified her remarks to say that even if it’s a lie, it’s still a “fact” it’s just an “untrue fact.” Therefore, I was not wrong to call it a fact.

2 Likes

Consider Trump’s personal life and remarks through the lens of race. What would the response to Trump be if he were black?

2 Likes

alternative fact

2 Likes

When I quote, I quote from irrefutable sources:

Donald Trump is the kind of asshole other assholes look at and say "Now THERE'S an asshole."

— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 16, 2015
12 Likes

What’s the signal for the last four of five living Presidents to go to the White House and beat the crap out of SHS? I know JC is probably too good for that but maybe before the other 3 have a go at her he can conduct a little Sunday school remedial class for her.

4 Likes

" I don’t know. That’s what I was told."
This has Stephen Miller’s shit-stained fingerprints all over it.

And if you don’t know in the first place, President Fucking Moron, then keep your goddamned mouth shut.

4 Likes

I know how you feel. But I would bet the last penny of every asset I possess, or ever will, that he will not comment publicly on this once in his lifetime.

5 Likes

If Donald Trump wasn’t President and he said something like this, there would be people lined up in front of Trump Tower waiting to kick his teeth in with steel-toed work boots as he made a mad dash for his limousine.

1 Like

“Neither President Washington, Jefferson, nor even our proud Party’s founder President Lincoln made a single phone call to the family of a fallen soldier.”

-Sarah Sanders

3 Likes

Just got back online on the flight to CA and saw this. I so wanted to shout the same thing, but it wouldn’t have been a good idea.

I thought about it though.

What a fucking moron.

I see I should have proofread that, but I was seeing red. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Time for the folks at Vote vets and other veterans organizations to call this out.
Another Kazir Khan interview with appropriate chiding is also welcome.

4 Likes

I only hope when he finally publishes his book about his times in politics and in the White House, he gives his unvarnished opinions of the people who have consistently slandered and insulted him.
I only wish he would choose me to be his literary editor, because the first thing I would tell him, after reading his first draft, is, “Mr. President, you really need to use the word ‘motherfuckers’ about 600-700 more times when referring to these people.”

2 Likes

“The President wasn’t criticizing predecessors, but stating a fact,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in an email to TPM.

Simply put, if Dear Leader states something - anything - as a fact…even if it is a lie, a despicable lie, a goddamned lie…it is a fact. And anyone who unequivocally shows that it is a lie by…oh, I don’t know, using irrefutable evidence in written, verbal, audio, video or other form, is fake news.

ETA: And when Sarah Huckabuck says in the same email, an email she’s had time to think about, compose and edit, "Individuals claiming former presidents, such as their bosses, called each family of the fallen, are mistaken,” then she’s just telling another lie - since nobody ever made that claim - in order to try to cover up the fucking moron’s lie…er, excuse me, “fact,” not a criticism, a “fact.”

5 Likes

I wish so, too.

But, I also wish that Mastromonaco had said, “That’s a fucking lie from a fucking moron.”

That’s the way that Tillerson would have said it.

3 Likes

Does anyone know Pete Souza’s Instagram addy?

1 Like
10 Likes
1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available