Discussion: Ex-Staffer Left MSNBC After Accusing Chris Matthews Of Sexual Harassment

that Matthews paid the “Hardball” assistant producer $40,000 as a settlement after she made the allegation. A spokesperson for MSNBC told the Daily Caller that the company paid a much smaller amount as severance pay.

Which is it? The $40,000 was the settlement, and a much smaller amount was paid as severance? it’s not at all clear.

1 Like

Sen Gillibrand putting on her cape this very minute.

8 Likes

Men don’t seem to understand what constitutes sexual harassment which also includes using sexually explicit language. They’re doing locker talk with a woman and the next thing they’re in deep shit.

14 Likes

I’m surprised that slathering fool wasn’t let go years ago.

8 Likes

If written accurately, it is both. Matthews personally paid a $40k settlement, MSNBC paid her severance pay which was a smaller sum. Not so unclear.

5 Likes

In spite of the slathering and the asking and answering of his own questions and talking over guests and now a harassment charge, he’s still politically savvy and has been in the game longer than people realize as a speechwriter for Carter and on Tip O’Neill’s staff.

19 Likes

OLeilly: God is indeed mad at me. My accuser got $32Million, at least I didnt have to pay a penny.

1 Like

I think he developed a slow savvy leak about 20 years ago that was never fixed.

12 Likes

You know, as important as it is to try moving the society to a better place where men aren’t routinely ruining women’s lives by harassing them in the workplace, I can’t help remembering back after Clinton said he didn’t inhale and everyone was getting asked if they’d ever inhaled. I heard some crusty veteran editor on the radio asked why the phenomenon was happening and he growled that it was because a bunch of “young nitwit” reporters were running around trying to make a score on anyone. I don’t want to minimize it, not having been there, and the woman did have to leave her job and that’s not cool. But it does sound like a case of the system more or less working as it should? Guy screwed up, paid the price? Does the court of public opinion need to convene and adjudicate it further?

24 Likes

More rumor innuendo and unsworn yip yap. Welcome to the Banana Republic!

2 Likes

I can’t pile on much, I never watch him. I limit myself to two particular talkers.

1 Like

Depends if it’s a one-off or part of a pattern. I wouldn’t act off of a story run in the Daily Caller alone, though.

12 Likes

I’ve always found him to be a little maddening. He is 100% not racist. He was pretty liberal, at least a while back. But he’s always come across to me as Old-Boy sexist. He thinks he’s more modern than he is. I’m not surprised by this at all, but if he was groping people I would be.

19 Likes

That’s OK. If Chris gets canned by MSNBC he can always go on holding hands and skipping through a field of daisies with Ronald Reagan and Tip O’Neill. It’s a nice delusion to live in.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s a perfect way to sum up Tweety. He thinks everything is still the Philadelphia suburbs of the 1960s and 70s.

12 Likes

Unless you are a madam or a pimp, don’t be talking about sex with the employees.
What is so fucking hard to understand here?

17 Likes

I find it hard to believe he did this. I though he was already in love with George W. Bush’s codpiece.

6 Likes

First one that says “tingle” - gets it.

13 Likes

Man, can you imagine how nasty you would have to be towards someone to have to pay them $32M?
Christ, I fart in an elevator and feel guilty about it for a week!

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available