Discussion: Ex-Staffer Left MSNBC After Accusing Chris Matthews Of Sexual Harassment

Dear Sir - Please write the below as a memo and send to all employees at all branches - omitting the word commonly used to denote intercourse.
thank you,
Management

7 Likes

“talking”?

7 Likes

I make no bones about the fact that I adore Chris Matthews. Yes, he pisses me off greatly sometimes. And he has a terrible tendency of talking directly out of his ass, which is why I have no problem believing he said something ridiculous to a staffer. He says shit occasionally that makes me want to slap the taste out his mouth. But he’s my favorite talking head next to Joy Reid. He’s better than everybody else. I don’t care what the fucking purity police say, he’s got a better sense of politics than anyone else. I remember being so pissed off at him in 2014 when he said Dems could lose ten seats, but guess what happened?

11 Likes

I still remember when he said that thing about the late human bloodhound, Senator and incredibly failed Presidential candidate (remember when he had to wake up his octogenarian audience?) Fred Thompson:
MATTHEWS: Can you smell the English leather on this guy, the Aqua Velva, the sort of mature man‘s shaving cream, or whatever, you know, after he shaved? Do you smell that sort of—a little bit of cigar smoke? You know, whatever.

5 Likes

Daily Caller? Skimmed over that part. Ugh. Sure, if it’s a pattern that’s different.

I don’t watch TV and rarely see him, but his manner doesn’t do much for me—he reminds me of every business dude who sat next to me on a plane and yammered the whole flight about nothing—and I’ve never heard him say anything all that insightful. Master of the obvious type. But Alex Pareene called him one of TV’s most fascinating and watchable personalities so maybe I never caught him on the right day or whatever.

4 Likes

“No!” he ejaculated. (Been reading Agatha Christie lately.)

7 Likes

Do we know what he actually said or did, or are we leaving it to everyone’s overactive imaginations?

And, yes, I’m still pissed about Franken.

12 Likes

Agreed. He is maddening and he does think he’s more woke than he actually is. And this comes from someone who loves him. Omg, I just realized why I like him so much. He’s just like my dad.

10 Likes

This one does so please don’t go from the particular to the general.

1 Like

Just use the substitute “the nasty”. They’ll get the message.

1 Like

It sounds like he made a sexually explicit joke that wasn’t an attempt to proposition her, but was in very poor taste nonetheless. Kathleen probably kicked his ass.

13 Likes

You mean The Daily Caller hasn’t reported on any anonymous allegations against Edward R. Murrow, Jack Anderson, and Walter Cronkite yet? I guess The Great Bowtie Of Justice is a little off his game.

5 Likes

Perpetually Perplexed Doofus needs assistance breathing.

10 Likes

That is the problem! BINGO! These allegations are going to continue because men have a long established history of saying things in mixed company, often with no intended sexual connotations, whatsoever, but that same understanding of the words they use is not universally understood to lack any sexual connotation. Men don’t get it because it has never been an issue they’ve (we’ve) had to deal with before. This is a wake-up call after the siren has already sounded. This is new rules in the middle of the game.

6 Likes

Yes, his wife seems a life force to be reckoned with. (dangling preposition. Sue me. :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

If there is any Pasta in Heaven, a 14-year-old boy will anonymously accuse Tucker Carlson of sexual harassment.

8 Likes

You just know that asshole is guilty of something…just by looking at that smug smarmy face I’d bet money on it. Propositioning subordinates? Russian hush money? Propagating faux conspiracies ad nauseam? Sucking Hannity’s dick? Something.

5 Likes

Someone really needs to invent an inexpensive piece of jewelry a woman can wear containing a miniature HD video/audio camera than can be stealthily activated by remote control to record everything.
Until that time, I support more women using the “Lorena Bobbitt” solution to unwanted sexual overtures.

4 Likes

Definitely. It’s honestly one of the reasons I like him. Anytime I see a man that devoted to his wife and in that sort of awe of her, it’s hard not to respect him. And anytime his wife is a strong woman who clearly runs things, it just makes me respect him more.

12 Likes

Credit where credit is due:

When Colbert asked why Matthews didn’t call his book “Killing Tip and the Gipper”, a reference to O’Reilly’s best-selling series of books (“Killing Lincoln”, “Killing Kennedy”, and “Killing Jesus”), Matthews said, “When are we going to have the book we’ve really been waiting for: ‘Killing O’Reilly’? When’s that coming out?”

26 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available