Discussion: Ex-Staffer Left MSNBC After Accusing Chris Matthews Of Sexual Harassment

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

β€œSucking Hannity’s dick”
Hey! Some of us here have to eat later on, you know!

8 Likes

I used to watch him regularly a long time ago, but he’s the epitome of β€œpolitics as a sport” coverage which I think is one of the major reasons this country’s political and government are as screwed up as they are. When you treat it as a sport, people like Donald Trump can score well. Chris Matthews and the vast majority of our political press treat politics as sport because it’s easy and they are lazy.

15 Likes

You’re right. It’s sport and inside baseball at worst, when all we concerned citizens want is intelligent analysis and background, not a lot of chatter and yada yada. This is why I limit myself to just two evening MSNBC talkers because while it’s not possible to escape the sports angle, my two choices keep it to a minimum, I think.

12 Likes

I hate the guy but I don’t believe he did any groping or inappropriate touching if that’s what’s being alleged. He says stupid shit all the time, so just add this to the million of off-color remarks he makes about β€œthe ethnics” and playing dumb about most things he doesn’t understand, because he’s like someone’s codger insulated and embarrassing uncle no one wants to be around. Did he say some rude stupid sexist shit? Probably. Did he know it was offensive at the time? Who knows…the guy is too oblivious to people around him to realize his words can be offensive. That’s his biggest problem imo. Ignorance.

7 Likes

I’ve been asking for the publication of this book for years (I guess people know by now Matthews worked for Tipper).

4 Likes

About as OT as you can get but HAHAHA YOU RW JAGOFFS!

17 Likes

There’s a message waiting for you from me.

Actually, the book should be called β€œKilling Journalism: The Bill O’Reilly Story”

11 Likes

That is so cool.

9 Likes

It really illustrates who the real β€œsnowflakes” are. A professional athlete makes a fairly innocuous comment, and the whole MAGAnaut armada is dispatched to bully her. But I guess Ms. Vonn rides right over the snowflakes.

15 Likes

Yep. At 107 mph.

13 Likes

No, I don’t think so. Typically, Mathews would not have paid anything personally. NBC or its insurer would have paid. Since the mid-1980s, just about every employment dispute has included an alleged race, religion, sex or handicap violation. It has become standard practice. Since it has become standard practice, insurers have needed to include coverage for discrimination claims in their standard commercial insurance policies. Just like they provide coverage for slander, libel and slips and falls. These discrimination allegations became standard fare because they allowed lawyers to turn an employment dispute without legal recourse into a viable lawsuit. Sometimes these lawsuits have merit. Sometimes not. But for employers and their insurers it is almost always cheaper to settle than to incur the expense of protracted litigation.

5 Likes

Like a big ass snowplow. Puts them all to the side of the road where they’ll melt away into the dirt.

Seems fitting.

4 Likes

I can’t watch Matthews because he just really gets on my nerves. He has the same problem that (scum) Charlie Rose has: he is so in love with his own voice and his own genius that he never shuts the fuck up and lets his guest get their point across because, of course, no one else can possibly have a more informed opinion than he does.
And I know he has a wealth of real political experience, but he keeps thinking things in Washington are the same as when he worked there, but they aren’t. The GOP is a fucking cancer, Chris. Stop acting like they are going to cooperate with the Dems like two or three of them did while Ronnie was in office.

14 Likes

Who said the following about whom?

We’re proud of our president. Americans love having a guy as president, a guy who has a little swagger, who’s physical, who’s not a complicated guy like Clinton or even like Dukakis or Mondale, all those guys, McGovern. They want a guy who’s president. Women like a guy who’s president. Check it out. The women like this war. I think we like having a hero as our president. It’s simple.

And:

Can you smell the English leather on this guy, the Aqua Velva, the sort of mature manβ€˜s shaving cream, or whatever, you know, after he shaved? Do you smell that sort of β€” a little bit of cigar smoke? You know, whatever.

And:

You know, I watched him on the Today show this morning. He looks like a million bucks. Everything is perfect. Everything about him is perfect β€” his look, his manner, everything, the shirt, never rolled-up sleeves, the tie always tied. That perfection β€” is that the Republican Party of the 21st century?

And need we even inquire into what he thought was relevant about so-and-so’s shoulders, so-and-so’s chin, so-and-so’s chest, and so-and-so’s hair?

Or did I slumber through some authoritative re-definition of the term β€œpolitically savvy”?

3 Likes

Good thing you weren’t criticizing Doug Jones.

(You weren’t, right? I’m not going back to check.)

1 Like

Me, neither.

:relieved:

That’s putting it mildly, but in this case it was not only the Daily Caller:

A spokesperson for MSNBC told TPM that the employee alleged that Matthews made inappropriate remarks about her, and that Matthews was formally reprimanded. According to the spokesperson, the company concluded that Matthews’ remarks were inappropriate, but not intended as propositions.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available