Discussion: Ex-Staffer Left MSNBC After Accusing Chris Matthews Of Sexual Harassment

What would be really interesting is to see how he’s covered the many stories of other high profile sexual harassers and abusers that have been in the news lately. Wonder if he’s talked about it on his show or avoided the topic. I haven’t been watching him.

If I’m into watching the news, I tune in when Ari is on and resume watching when Chris or Rachel comes on. Sometimes I don’t watch Chris because he has a habit of inappropriately laughing at shit that simply isn’t funny…and that grates on me. Must be nice to be so comfortably unaffected by how this fascist government is taking over, one evil move after another.

I am so freaked out right now about where we’re headed as a country, I can’t laugh at any of it…even the outrageousness of it all makes me worried we are headed for full blown authoritarianism from which we may never recover. Anyone amused by fucking politics right now isn’t serious enough to want to do anything about what’s happening. Tweety is still one of those fools. Like you say…he thinks he’s still living in the day of Tip O’Neil and all the myths people like Matthews helped create in the first place. Those days sucked too…but nothing like what we have today. Today we have wide-spread corruption in business, banking, telecomm and government, the likes we have never seen, with a foreign power still involved in trying to pull the strings.

1 Like

Tweety ebbs and flows with me depending on what’s happening and yeah, sure, he kissed some serious ass in the Bush years. However; as much as his dreadful interrupting of guests that irritates the hell out me, he does have the so called, “institutional memory”, and a great grasp of history, especially DC & political history so despite his sometimes annoying personality, he knows his shit historically.

late: And no one gets a political hard on during election night like Chris does.
Oh…dear…did I just harass him?

7 Likes

We will, whatever happens.

5 Likes

Tweety is very fond of himself - that much is clear and that is a lot of the problem. Some men grow fond of themselves and begin to think they are very cute no matter what, when they are successful. They cross lines they didn’t ever even know were there before because it never crossed their minds.

Most older men - things have changed.

10 Likes

For FOX, OLeilly was much more than $32Million. It was simple math for them. Right Wing never really had/or have any morals. Lying/Bigotness etc is their core. Unfortunately, a significant majority buys that crap.

1 Like

He won’t shut up long enough for anyone to say you’re fired.

7 Likes

$40K is about what you can expect if you sue the city for a bus accident, and you weren’t even on the bus.

3 Likes

Obviously you mean Matthews. What I mean by savvy is that he understands how Congress works and how most politicians think but he lacks a filter when the little red light is on and the overeager puppy comes bounding out.

7 Likes

All true - he’s an old DC hand.

In between the manic babble I’ve heard him say some pretty good shit from time to time.

5 Likes

Do you remember Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that good!"?

I do. I also remember those right-wing fascist outlets having a field day over that comment.

I also also remember me laughing my ass off to read about the comment… :expressionless:

6 Likes

Back in the day men thought that women found those kinds of remarks flattering.

I think we only pretended to be flattered, back in the day.

8 Likes

We will recover, whatever happens? Or agreement we are headed towards authoritarianism?

1 Like

And yet he still manages to overestimate the importance of himself and his opinions, and he will never, ever, let a guest get away with raising something—no matter how important—outside the predetermined path of his questions. He should stick to monologues instead of wasting guests’ time.

4 Likes

In my little corner of the universe, good manners means speaking with respect and attention to the feelings of those who are worthy, even when they are not present. So-called locker room talk is offensive everywhere, including the locker room. A gentleman does not engage.

Notice that “those who are worthy” is a hedge, so that a gentleman can occasionally make colorful observations at the expense of those who are perhaps less than worthy. You know, persons such as Donald Trump and those able-bodied students living down the block who routinely fail to flatten the cartons they dump in the neighborhood recycle bin…

2 Likes

All true as well and very annoying. I would put him on mute pretty quick a lot of the time.

2 Likes

So, who’d like to wager against the possibility that the right wing hit squads are working their little tails off trying to find dirt on left-leaning politicians, journalists, and other public figures.

I believe they see this as a great opportunity.

Of course, they are steering clear of targets on the right.

Smart of them to do this - but god how I hate them all.

3 Likes

This.

9 Likes

“… often with no intended sexual connotations…”

Ain’t that the truth. This phenomenon is what drives perfectly decent men to avoid anything but pure business contact with female coworkers. Look for something "dirty’ in office banter and you’ll find it.

1 Like

As I’ve said, I don’t watch because he annoys more than informs. He’s his own best audience, and what the actual audience takes away seems to be less important than that he have fun with what he’s doing.

@cub_calloway These are interesting days with women trying to finally take the lead in how society treats us.

1 Like

Yes, 86 skillion times.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available