Discussion: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Admits Errors In Light Of Data Breach Scandal

2 Likes

We have a responsibility to protect your data, and if we can’t then we don’t deserve to serve you.

Well at least he got that part right.

6 Likes

Heaven save us from this morally empty vessel. Hit him where it hurts: delete your Facebook accounts.

14 Likes

Trump and GOP are very very worried about Cambridge Analytica…you can tell because Faux News is furiously spinning the narrative with numerous articles…

“Obama did it too, but nobody cred…media bias!!!” (no he didn’t…“one of these things is not like the other”…Obama’s campaign informed people of what they were doing…they didn’t just harvest/steal the data via false pretenses and fraud like CA):

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/21/liberal-media-didn-t-think-data-mining-was-so-bad-when-obama-s-campaign-did-it.html

“Meh, Cambridge Analytica…they’re not even very good at it and we don’t even like them anyway…if it didn’t work, then no harm, no foul, right?”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/21/cambridge-analytica-dismissed-as-overpriced-and-little-value-to-republicans.html

Here:

Yes, you read that correctly…“Liberals are going after Cambridge Analytica something something because Stephen Hawking died.” LOL!

6 Likes

4 days and probably millions of billable attorney’s hours and thats the best they can do?

7 Likes

If only there were some way Americans could spy on themselves…

And spill everything: their hobbies, politics, religion, jobs, health, birthdays, anniversaries…

Maybe even post photographs: of themselves, their families, their friends, their meals…

Available anywhere on the planet, 24/7…

To hackers, identity thieves, multinational corporations, scammers, organized crime, the GRU, the FSB…

If only we had something like that.

20 Likes

Far too little, far too late. This is a pattern of bad behavior on Facebook’s part and it’s impossible to take their excuses seriously. It’s time to delete or at least minimize use of Facebook until they get the message.

I’m tired of Zuckerberg and Sandberg. I always felt he was incapable of emotional intelligence, but why isn’t she “leaning in” when the company needs her most?

7 Likes

No comment on the unbelievable parallels in this quote.

“I want you to believe…to believe in things that you cannot.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Scary isn’t it?
To late now.

3 Likes

Because “leaning in” is really only a marketing catchphrase used to sell books about the struggle wealthy women with access to nannies and the word’s best daycare and schools go through to get a seat in the boardroom.

3 Likes

It’ll never happen. Why, they’d be just as likely to buy devices to listen to everything said in their own homes and relay that information to shopping concerns eager to provide services for a nominal fee.

8 Likes

Is this an appropriate time to mention my Trebutine®, the only device ever especially devised to "Combine the brutality of a beheading with the spectacle of a pumpkin toss"™?

2 Likes

14 Likes

CA may not have been the only company/organization taking advantage of lax to non-existent privacy protections in Facebook. According to a report in.The Guardian yesterday, hundreds of millions of FB users may have had their private information harvested.

3 Likes

Too little and too late. I want to see Mark Zuckerberg panhandle in the street with a sign reading “Will betray America for food!”

3 Likes

Hear, hear. Everyone seemed to be happy giving him a pass on developing Facebook to begin with (in order to “rate” women on campus according to whether they’d give him a toss or not) by pointing out that he was just a college kid. True that kids of college age do stupid things sometimes, and they do deserve a break for some immaturity.

But I always felt that what he set out to do showed a character that wasn’t going to change in any meaningful way as he ages. Anyone who’s old enough to vote or buy cigarettes or go to war has developed sufficiently for us to see what their basic personality is like, and his was petty and vindictive and greedy. It still is.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Have you seen this one?

7 Likes

Or a place where one could go to watch cats who have been trained to poop into the bathroom toilet. Great fun on a rainy day. :unamused:

1 Like

Resign and obtain counsel, you goober. Oh, and while you’re at it, change that shirt.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available