Discussion: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Admits Errors In Light Of Data Breach Scandal

Zuckerberg is old enough to make a ton of money, but too young to understand what is valuable in life. Little rat.

5 Likes

Nooz, dammit.

1 Like

I avoided and still avoid any link that asks me for access to my data on Facebook. That so many didn’t astounds me.

2 Likes

Clean up on Aisle 4, so I can run for president in 2020 and clean up at the cashier station.

1 Like

Mike Luckovich does the best tRump. Those tiny, little orange hands. Hey hey

1 Like

I deleted my account today.

https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674?helpref=search&sr=2&query=delete%20account

3 Likes

Ethics used to be part of a liberal education. Looks like Zuck missed that.

1 Like

Tiger made a mistake dropping out of Stanford. Mark made a mistake dropping out of Harvard. They should have listened to their parents!

2 Likes

this still astounds me that people don’t have a problem with listening and monitoring devices in their own home

4 Likes

This is a pattern of bad behavior on Facebook’s part and it’s impossible to take their excuses seriously. It’s time to delete or at least minimize use of Facebook until they get the message.

Completely agree. Facebook has been cavalier about personal information and privacy for many years, operating on the “better to beg forgiveness than ask permission” principle. This is just more of the same – massive (possibly criminal) breach of privacy and user trust, stock is plummeting, time for a few lame mea culpas so Zuck can get back to business as usual.

I always felt he was incapable of emotional intelligence

Also agree with this. No apparent moral or ethical compass.

3 Likes

Last week, we learned from The Guardian, The New York Times and Channel 4 that Cambridge Analytica may not have deleted the data as they had certified.

Oh, yeah?

Or is that some nicely roundabout way to say last week you learned you’d got caught?

3 Likes

I could maybe buy the “errors” comment, except, FB was told at least in 2012 that they were wide open for exactly this type of breach to occur. At that time and continuing today the Execs ignored the message and actually actively failed to even do the oversite they were entitled to do.

To harrytruman and others:
I also am wondering just how many of the 50million “accounts” are real. Example, I was on FB, 8 years ago for about a week. I then “deleted” my account as I saw that the app, at least for me, was a total waste of time. To this day I get email from FB telling me that I should log back in and check this new policy or update this/that/the other. I did say I had deleted the account, so all I can believe is that FB has actually never deleted anything.

3 Likes

We just chatted about that here yesterday (or maybe the day before). Long story short, yes, that’s right… they will never give away our data, because our data is their life.

And it’s not just FB. This is always potentially a serious problem as long as we are using those online services… and it does become a bigly serious problem when those we are dealing with are particularly unethical ones like FB. In my case FB doesn’t have my info, but Google does. A lot.

2 Likes

Well, of course. That’s FB’s business model.

1 Like

Who’s gonna prosecute?

1 Like

Aw, the poor Billionaire is just so, so very sorry… Isn’t that cute and contrite of him?
You think we ought to let him keep his monopoly?
All these yo-yo’s who collect mountains of personal data on everyone and their parakeet from Experian to Faceschnook, all of them swear up and down that your data is safe and private.
Right up until someone else STEALS it.
No one is asking the right question thru this snowstorm of media mea culpa.
WHY DO THEY HAVE ALL THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE?
Because it is forked over like so much manure when it is asked for, for no good reason at all, and people think NOTHING of giving up their “data lives” to people like this, who insist they have no power over people, and no ill intentions. They’re all just cute little computer angels. And if you believe that…
But they don’t feel any regard for how their “platforms” are used, as long as they are making Hay Bales of money.
Then it’s “Sorry, so sorry…”
SORRY is the right word, That’s for sure.
But it isn’t just money obsessed nitwits like Mr. Faceschnook who are Sorry. He has loads of help from heads of other bovines who gladly bought this snake oil by the case, and continue to do so 24/7, with never a lesson learned, until it happens the next time, naturally.
This guy ought to resign, and his company should be broken up into units of manageable size, in order to make much closer regulation possible and applicable.
How many “strikes” can a rich guy buy, and not be “Out” if he owns the baseball team, the field, the bats and balls, pays the umpires, and prints all the tickets himself?
Hang on a second, let me go ask Bill Gates.

1 Like

Before November–Probably no one.

After November–We’ll see.

Regardless, they will be spending a lot of time in the barrel.

Cambridge Analytica explains how the Trump campaign worked
Molly Schweickert, Vice President Global Media from Cambridge Analytica on “How digital advertising worked for the US 2016 presidential campaign”.
How they used Facebook user data and other sources to target specific users with individual messages for the 2016 Trump election campaign. She is Alexander Nix’ digital marketing expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2BJjMNXpA

Brittany Kaiser, former CA emplyee

Leaked document reveals how Cambridge Analytica used Duck Dynasty and Politico to sway Facebook users to Trump

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/leaked-document-reveals-cambridge-analytica-used-duck-dynasty-politico-sway-facebook-users-trump/

Brexit

Revealed: the ties that bind Canadian data firm AIQ to Cambridge Analytica and Brexit
Role of remote data affiliate raises questions over relationship between Brexit groups
• Brexit insider claims Vote Leave team may have breached spending limits
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/mar/24/aggregateiq-data-firm-link-raises-leave-group-questions

Cambridge Analytica-linked firm 'boasted of poll interference’
The company that became Cambridge Analytica boasted about interfering in foreign elections, according to documents seen by the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43528219

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/matthew-hunter-cambridge-analytica_us_5ab50f3be4b0decad0495856

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available