Discussion: Former Trump Aide Says Bannon's WH Departure Was 'Not Personal To Him'

1 Like

Steve Bossieā€™s been peddling bullshit for years. No reason to expect anything different from him here. I think we can expect from all the ā€œgood talkā€ folks are painting on Bannonā€™s departure that heā€™s going to be a problem. Itā€™s silly to think a man like Steve Bannon isnā€™t pissed off about getting axed. Of course he is. And he wants retribution. No Liberal or Democrat was responsible for that kick in the ass. My guess it was Kelly and Kushner that moved Trump to do it. And thatā€™s where Bannon will point his mouthpiece Bā€™Bart News. No one can control him now. Bā€™Bart will boil over with outrageous allegations and climes and the Trump administration will have to tap dance away from that. It doesnā€™t matter if Bannon is pissing out of or into the tent. Heā€™s trouble and now heā€™s unchained.

10 Likes

It is probably a thankless, even hopeless, task, but I am trying to reconcile this, and other, ā€˜Bannon will fight for Trumpā€™s agenda from outsideā€™ declarations, with the ā€˜Schwarzenegger 2.0ā€™ clarion from the Breitbartistas. It begins to seem like Trotskyites in exile versus Stalinists in control, battling over the legacy of Lenin; or summatā€¦

5 Likes

Yes, David. I am sure everything is sunshine and daisies and unicorn farts, and the reason everybody on the White house staff in running around like headless chickens is because they drank too much espresso.

12 Likes

The only time I want to see Bossie on air is if he does a Downfall bunker scene, on air, simultaneously chomping down on a cyanide capsule and pulling the trigger of a Luger aimed at his temple.

2 Likes

I suspect Donald will converse with Bannon 5 times a day, and Bannon will be very supportive, over all, of his partial creation.

2 Likes

Bannon takes his marching orders from the Mercers. After all, they own a huge chunk of Breitbart. I donā€™t claim to know what they think, but heā€™ll do what they want.

14 Likes

If Bannon had really ever been an asset to the Trump White House, he could have filleted and eaten a newborn child on national TV and Trump would not have gotten rid of him, and not one fucking member of the GOP would have criticized him or called for his ouster.
If Bannon is such a brilliant strategist and knows the machinations of D.C. politics and the D.C. media, then why does everything Trump does turn to shit, and why have Trumpā€™s numbers been in the toilet since the beginning of his presidency?
I think Bannon truly believed what Trump did: that Trump had the most astounding electoral victory in history and that the 3 million popular vote victory by Hillary was from ballots cast by illegal immigrants. Trump won because of a fluke in the electoral system, but neither Bannon or Trump will ever concede this.
Trump and Bannon have the same problem Sarah Palin had: she could not stand the idea of anyone around her being smarter or more well-informed or more knowledgeable about policy than she was, so she surrounded herself with people that were even dumber, both intellectually and politically, than she was. If you are a politician, no matter how smart you are, you always try to have people on your team that are smarter and more skilled than you are, and people who are not afraid to say, ā€œIf you do this, you are out of your fucking mind, and you are going to look like an asshole.ā€
But Trump, Bannon, and Palin are like the person with advanced lung cancer who keeps smoking three packs of Camels a day because, ā€œWhat do those fucking doctors know, anyway?ā€

12 Likes

ā€¦weā€™ve all read about and seen about the different factions within the White House staff.ā€ He said such divisions exist in ā€œevery presidency.ā€

Oh sure, sure. Weā€™ve all seen it, just like the ā€œall sidesā€ in Charlottesville.

4 Likes

I used to think that Trump was too afraid of (and perhaps awe struck by and beholden to) Bannon to fire him ā€“ not to mention he wouldnā€™t want to offend the Mercers.

Now, because Trump is falling like a lead balloon after Charlottesville, itā€™s possible he and Bannon parted amicably, with Bannon realizing Trump will only be further neutered by a close association with him. The Mercers would smile on that too. Just damage control.

But Iā€™m not totally sure how to read this turn at all ā€“ except to say itā€™s obvious itā€™s been in the works for weeks. It could be Kelly, but that would imply a less than amicable divorce, with Trump throwing Bannon over for a new shiny object, and then there would be resentment. Even if they shook hands and wished each other well.

Watch this page.

@dommyluc ā€œBannon is such a brilliant strategist and knows the machinations of D.C. politics and the D.C. media, then why does everything Trump does turn to shitā€

Right you are there. Those are things Bannon absolutely doesnā€™t get, and his ego makes him think he and his ā€œmovementā€ and Trump can roll right over them both. Or in other words, when it comes to administration policy, heā€™s an asshole. And Iā€™m almost sorry to see him go because he gave such piss poor advice.

4 Likes

a host

Nothing heavenly about this hostā€¦
Seems like each, Trump/Bannon, has the other in a survivor-based, deathā€™s embrace, knives to throats or testicles.
As Nazi Chris Cantwell said in the infamous Vice Charlottesville footage, their side doesnā€™t trust, work as well together as liberals do and require ā€˜teamā€™ exercises.
Trump and outside Bannon will manufacture team exercises for their base via their Sinclair ā€˜networkā€™.
That this minimal, often half-assed, ā€˜workā€™ is violent and destructive creates a media-induced feel of being effective. It is mostly head trip.

1 Like

ā€œWhenever I travel to Manhattan from my hidden lair in South America, I always stay at the Trump Tower Hotel. The accommodations are impeccable, and the doormen are delicious!ā€

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/2/29361/2779867-06145861_532_1449894a.jpg

3 Likes

He said such divisions exist in ā€œevery presidency.ā€

Um, except for the division along racist lines.

3 Likes

Can SCOTUSā€™ Dark Money spin Hannibal Lector into the Bobbsey Twins?

1 Like

They keep trying to run this country like a business.
America is not the Quik-E Mart, and Trump will never be as smart as Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.

5 Likes

Next on Fox! ā€œThe Bobbsey Twins Eat Nancy Drewā€.

4 Likes

Trump couldnā€™t even run a business. The king of bankruptcy claims. Heā€™s just a huckster who got lucky with good ratings on a piece of crap tv show.

7 Likes

Yes, and I hear Adolf had quite a few ā€œdivisionsā€ when he invaded Poland.

2 Likes

Let us not forget the Mercerā€™s Russian connections and those mysterious disappearing campaign Breitbart cookies for those now spouting the odd claim that ā€˜of all Trumpies only Bannon is Ruskie-freeā€™ā€¦nor those who have said the game remains afoot even with most of the compromised sponged from the Executive branch, most.

2 Likes

Baghdad Bossie says what?

Man, Iā€™d hate to be your shoes!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available