Discussion: Fox News Contributor Calls Network 'Propaganda Machine' In Farewell Email

2 Likes

It took 10 years to figure that out?

40 Likes

“Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association,” he added. “Now I am ashamed.”

Some people are slower in picking up on things than others, but I’m glad he voiced this.

36 Likes

FOX News has been execrable ever since 1996, when Ailes & Murdoch brought it forth from the cesspool of awfulness by breathing their acrid, stinky exhalations into the corpse of Joseph Goebbels. That Peters has found his Come-to-Jesus Moment today is weird, but perhaps telling*, as he was part-and-parcel of the RightWing Propaganda Machine since his first appearance.

*fear of collusion? have his friends in the IC told him something? does he have a new, Dem girlfriend or boyfriend?

8 Likes

Perhaps a tad slow on the uptake. Welcome to the right side of history.

10 Likes

“Ashamed to be there for a decade, but not enough to leave (until now)”

11 Likes

When prime-time hosts–who have never served our country in any capacity–dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller–all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of “deep-state” machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove.

Yeah, we know specifically which ones he is talking about.

28 Likes

Peters is the wingnuttiest wingnut “retired Lt. Colonel” wingnut who ever wandered off the smoking, shell-pocked ruins of Far Wingnuttistan to supplement his forced retirement income with some cheering for war and denunciation of Obama. If they’ve lost him, they’re . . . well, okay going to keep doing what they’re doing as long as the trailer trash keep watching.

45 Likes

Finally !

Why did it take this guy so long to ditch Fox?

1 Like

Donde esta’, tonto??

4 Likes

Life’s tough over there for an actual factual Russia hawk.

Sorry, dude. I don’t totally understand what happened to your party, either. Maybe ask Mitt.

10 Likes

There’s a back story or he’s an extremely slow learner.

6 Likes

There’s a saying about how hard it is to get a man to understand something when his paycheck depends on his not understanding it.

He got out as a LTC, he’s not hand-to-mouth but he didn’t retire to the rich speaking circuit.

7 Likes

He began to hate the ‘winning’.

6 Likes

FOX: “We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programing.”. . ., Because we all lie so well and effectively!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Well, there’s the good right-wing anti-American propaganda and there’s the bad right-wing anti-American propoganda. Once we got out tax cuts and numb-nutz started talking trade-wars, it stopped being fun any more.

5 Likes

Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters’ revelation that FoxNews has turned into an anti-democratic, anti-Democratic, anti-American, conspiracy theory-spreading, falsehood-infused, and excuse generator for any transgressions by the GOP and its leaders leaves me so disappointed and disheartened after the way FoxNews has always shown itself to be the beacon of journalistic integrity in the mold of Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite and other paragons of media news since the network’s inception.

Hey, Ralph! Where have you been since 1996? Stay away from the Brown Acid, motherfucker.

17 Likes

Because he loves the smell of napalm in the morning.

3 Likes

Sean Hannity, tomorrow: “Ralph Peters, closet liberal Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter…”

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available