Discussion: Fox News Contributor Calls Network 'Propaganda Machine' In Farewell Email

Maybe you read Slaughterhouse Five (p.184) :

“Go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut,” murmured Paul Lazzaro in his azure nest.

Mmmmmm. Donuts.

You had me up until the last 4 words.

The rest was good, though.

Wow. It really frightens me when I’m in agreement with someone like Ralph Peters. This Trumpian nightmare is really f’ing with my psyche!

1 Like

I guess the alleged moderating force of the Murdoch sons hasn’t quite kicked in yet. Maybe when Rupert kicks the bucket?

2 Likes

Why not sell their organs to the Russians? Seems like that would be more fitting.

1 Like

That’s why I can’t have even a friendly, benign conversation with my sister. She soaks that crap up every single day and does not believe anyone else.

And the lawsuits!!!

I expect it to go something like this:

1 Like

It took 10 years to figure that out?

The money was good…

1 Like

He’s the kind of nut who could pass one with a lie because he’s not sane enough to know the difference…

I was a rabid Star Trek fan from the first episode. Decent Sci Fi movies were rare and on TV all but non-existent. The series really broke ground in a lot of assumptions on “how things should be”. The 50’s were so boring and so stultified and that is when I lived out my teen years. I was really, really ready for change. The only thing that annoyed and amused me were the costumes the female crew members had to wear. Still sex objects . And I loved that different races were given major roles on the show.

2 Likes

Fox News: We’re not propaganda. Everyone else is. We’re just–Hey look at that squirrel!

I, the most introverted person you will ever not meet, have thought of that once or twice myself. This site has been the only thing that makes the current political situation bearable. I don’t talk politics at work.

Find a need and fill it indeed. :laughing:

1 Like

Yet so many people saw The Princess Bride

I wrote in 1,000,000.00 once just to feel what it is like to be rich.
I didn’t feel any different. lol

1 Like

Even a moron Nazi like Peter’s understands they’re serial liars like Trump. Faux Comedy News for the 3rd grade dropouts and more toes than teeth crowd.

1 Like

Once between jobs as a lad I temped at a large investment advisor organization whose name you would recognize because it’s Vanguard, and they hired a lot of temps before tax day because people would make contributions to their IRAs and it all had to be entered from paper forms into terminals. And one day the folks were all running around because a check was missing and not just $1,100 or $15K or whatever: It was a check for a million bucks. Lost in the office. I think they eventually tracked it down, though. Horrible place to work. Modern-day equivalent of being a galley slave on a trireme.

1 Like

Here is what a retired person who happens to play in the stock market gets to pay after the great tax bill fiasco.
Believe it or not, I didn’t play well enough to get any real benefit except to fall into the 25% category.
And I love numbers, just not this one.

1 Like

Yeah, okay, it was kind of wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, the operative words being “could be”.

For Trump’s DOJ? Or, for that matter, Obama’s, or any putative HRC DOJ?

Expect the actual fine, if any, to be about 5-6 orders of magnitude smaller.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available