Discussion: Fox News Contributor Calls Network 'Propaganda Machine' In Farewell Email

When you’re wounded and left on Wingnuttistan’s plains,
And the Fox blonds come on to hate what remains,
Jest roll to your smart phone and Tweet out your brains
An’ go to your Gawd like a soldier.

26 Likes

Like most hollow edifices, when it finally does collapse it will happen suddenly. And everyone will then rush to say how it was inevitable and how they all saw it coming.

6 Likes

“Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association,” he added. “Now I am ashamed.”

Rarely is the question asked: Is our retired Lieutenant Colonels learning?

13 Likes

It goes back and forth. It’s gone as far to the right as it can under the circumstances. The people - our majority - are not going to let it go any further. We have made that clear. The white supremacists, the nazis are not welcome.

Look at the culture. The culture is about diversity, how immigration has made this country, equal rights for gay people - that’s the culture, not the right’s idea of America at all but this is America - the real thing. Just watch TV for one night and pay attention to the commercials. You’ll see it right there.

15 Likes

Fox News Contributor Leaves Network He Calls ‘Propaganda Machine’.

Trump: “Would you read that back to me? I’m afraid it might seem arrogant to viewers.”

Fox: “…‘My brilliance is unsurpassed, and probably will make my name live beyond eternity’…”

Trump: “Great! But take out the ‘probably’. Sounds wishy-washy.”

(Apologies to Dr. Hfuhruhurr)

17 Likes

Respectability beard. He’s the one Fox reporter who could transition to CNN or MSNBC, CBS, or ABC without so much as a wardrobe change, and yet he doesn’t. He seems like he’s testing the limits, but I can’t tell whether that’s just Editorial attempting to preempt some of the pushback they’re finally getting.

5 Likes

Wow, watching CBS News and they say Facebook could be fined as much as 2 trillion dollars for selling customer info to CA.

Bring that shit.

30 Likes

O hell yeah!

5 Likes

Wake up call to Shepard Smith…come over to the light side Sheppy…spill all of it for us…

2 Likes

$2 trillion is what you call a hefty fine. I just measured the number space on my checkbook—it’s exactly one inch. Twelve zeros and a 2, you’d have to make the numbers teeny.

13 Likes

Time to break them up and sell their kidneys to the Chinese.

10 Likes

Shorter Peters: Fox has gone full traitor. Never go full traitor.

7 Likes

I’m sick and tired of Republican figures who express dismay or tut-tut Trump without putting anything whatsoever on the line for it. Going back to (at least) Colin Powell’s failure to resign in protest when he discovered how he’d been manipulated into lying us into the Iraq invasion. This guy may have taken his sweet time getting there, but he did the right thing in not just denouncing the network but resigning his association with it. He may not swing a huge amount of weight behind him, but he did what he could. If there were more like this–a lot more–things would look a lot better in this country.

14 Likes

$40,000 for each of the 50 million customers compromised.

Fuck Yes.

15 Likes

Wow! That’s astonishing. And so very deserved!

6 Likes

“… the entire conservative movement edifice is crumbling everywhere…”

I hope you’re right, but I see no evidence of that. This Colonel is an anomaly.
If a bunch of these guys got religion, took the pledge, sought redemption, I might agree with you.

Alas, humans are a species that will adopt even repugnant values in exchange for a role [a job] in the lingo of social psychology.

2 Likes

I think I’d rather just be thrown into a volcano.

3 Likes

I still find it revealing that Fox’s response is to point to their good ratings - as if that justifies anything. Fox and Trump are very much cut from the same cloth.

7 Likes

I hope Zuck becomes penniless and must rely on the social safety net for food and housing.

I’m fine with that.

10 Likes

Pebbles start avalanches.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available