Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

Money, honey.

Sadly, when half the country gets its information from Fox and right wing news sources, there won’t be uniform consensus even when they are “clearly implicated”.

My fear is that the reason we haven’t heard from Dem leaders making hay about that Dallas Morning News report is they fear they might be implicated too. Not wittingly, but because the Russians likely played both sides by investing in Dem leaders to hedge their bets. Remember the “dirt” the Russian lawyer was offering up on Clinton at that Don Jr meeting that Russian money could be tied to donations to Democrats and used to tar them? I don’t doubt that there’s an element of truth to that.

1 Like

BOO!

She paints her fingers with a close precision
He starts to notice empty bottles of gin
And takes a moment to assess the sin
She’s paid for

A lonely speaker in a conversation
Her words are swimming through his ears again
There’s nothing wrong with just a taste of what you’ve paid for
— Panic at the Disco, “The Ballad of Mona Lisa”

1 Like

Former TX AG, too

Those traitorous fucks would sell their mothers if the price was right. I get that. I just don’t see the where the money is coming from and to whom it’s going. Is it the tax scam? If so, then Cornyn and most of his fellow Congresscritters and Senators have sold their souls for the proverbial 12 pieces of silver. The benefits of the tax scam are for uber wealthy individuals and corporations, not working stiffs like Cornyn.

Decades ago, my late father in law had nothing but contempt for GOPers and his experience with them went back to the 1920’s and 1930’s when he was involved with politics. Can’t imagine he’d be shocked were he alive today. He used to say that every GOP member of the House was “hired” to do something for someone or some corporation with the money to send him there.
Way back in the 1960’s he knew that they would destroy every vestige of the New Deal given the chance they have now.

3 Likes

The noise is getting really loud. tRump just might be about to fire Mueller and create a point in history where the nation decides what kind of system we are going to have.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, the 57.5 ties the previous record high disapproval on 538, and his 36.4% approval is a new record low.

2 Likes

When the going gets desperate the desperate get more desperate

2 Likes

I have no idea whether he’s an idiot. It has been clear at least since he was Texas’ AG that he is an evil shitbag.

4 Likes

They are setting the stage for a “coup” against the special counsel.

@gr
Agreed. And although Mueller is 20 blocks ahead of the Trump Gang and has all his options planned out, doesn’t mean Trump, emboldened by next Tuesdays signing of the Giveaway to the Rich Tax bill, wont try and do the classic overreach and fire Mueller as early as next week. And people can scream all they want and say he’ll never get away with it but take a sober look and see all the shit Trump’s got away with up till now. Republicans wont help and Democrats will be outraged, just like during the emoluments fiasco … and will continue writing nasty letters.

The public knows Comey was working on this for a year before Mueller and his Best & Brightest Team took over, have been at it for about six months, and yes, have produced positive results. But charges brought against Trump, his son, or Kutchner has to happen soon. Mueller doesn’t have the political luxury of waiting much longer. Doesn’t he have enough today for obstruction, collusion, or money laundering? And yes, it’s the bigliest, dwarfing Watergate, and every day it seems the SC turns over a rock and finds a Russian tied to the Trump/Putin investigation. But when the House investigations shuts down next week, to be followed by the Senate investigation shortly after, can’t you all hear Trump declaring ‘victory’ and demanding Special Counsel do the same - put up or shut up, meaning if you don’t have enough on me BY NOW, then close it down! Discrediting the Special Counsel is ramping up fast. And I don’t think the American public will support Mueller’s Team come next summer, if he’s still gathering information. Coup complete.

2 Likes

So there is a chance he’s gotten smarter?

@darcy From a purely strategic point of view, the smartest thing he could do is fire Mueller the day the tax bill is signed. And I think Congress may encourage him to do so.

While the media and everyone else is preoccupied with the firing, the klepto-kakistocracy will have achieved their ultimate wet dream and its universal unpopularity will be forgotten while Congress perpetuates a Constitutional crises and, miraculously, slow-walks it into the summer before heroically ditching the Dotard — just in time for the biennial elections.

Excepting the fact that Mueller has enough crap on Pence to bury him like a dairy dung pile, it’s a great plan. The investigations will continue with or without Mueller; as Paul Williams touchingly wrote, “We’ve only just begun …”

4 Likes

Not Tena, and I have no experience with the law, but considering all these protesters were corralled and arrested en masse, that would be what I would expect.

I was puzzled by this for quite a long time, but with all the Russian revelations, I now realize that I was assuming that all the money had to originate within the U.S. Assuming that the Russians have paths into the American system (think - Trump et.al, NRA, various Republicans reps, (Rohrabacher, et.al.)) and suddenly the problem got a lot simpler. The interesting speculation is that they may all be corrupted by this, which is why they all have to scramble so hard to protect Donnie - if the lid comes off, all sorts of odious bugs will be scrambling for cover…

3 Likes

Sorry. My bad. Old. Confused. Flatulent. … You understand.

2 Likes

And they are fucking with the wrong guy and the wrong security agency.
Mueller has undoubted laid a trap if they pull that shit
He knows what they did and will make it public along with the fucking head idjits taxes

6 Likes

Ooops!

1 Like

Thats nice but know I ain’t taking the bait this time . Won’t waste my breath arguing
@squirreltown @mattinpa @littlegirlblue

2 Likes

I’m a glass half full person, it’s what keeps me sane.

4 Likes

Are there ANY GOP senators willing and able to break with and/or call out those who are deliberately undermining a lawful investigation? Is there no one who objects to a President putting himself above the law?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available