Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

That’s only because Mr. Blue keeps an eye on Little Girl’s wine glass, right? LOL

1 Like

Yes.

Yes.

1 Like

Well for what It’s worth, the oatmeal guy says no Mueller firing. He is hoping that he can soften and perhaps postpone the impending hammer drop. If Mueller has as much dirt in the form of sealed indictments as I think he does, then threating him with firing is only going to precipitate disaster. I suspect Mickey Mantle knows this.

4 Likes

Let’s all sing along here…
Goebbels
:notes:Goebbels bells, Goebbels bells, Goebbels all de vay:notes:

1 Like

Meg Whitman who ran for CA governor against incumbent Jerry Brown and lost even though she spent gazillions of her own money (CEO eBay) was the original Quaker Oats guy.

3 Likes

When he was in the minority, he was a tolerable do-nothing. Now, as Majority Whip, he is a world- class jerk who does nothing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbylfINDzEk

2 Likes

The big news of the day is the drop by usually Trumper friendly Axios. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Team Trump shit bricks the way they are with respect to this one.

Axios reports that Mueller has possession of “many tens of thousands of emails” from the Trump Transition team. This includes emails from Jared Kushner. There are at least 12 different accounts involved. It’s a fair assumption that every single major Trump Transition figure is on those threads: Kushner, Pence, Flynn, Conway, Bannon, Junior, everyone.

The Trump folks surmised that Mueller had these emails when his team showed interviewees and witnesses and asked questions. The witnesses must’ve checked with Team Trump’s lawyers to do a cross reference as to whether those emails were included within Team Trump’s disclosures to the Special Counsel’s office and figured out that Mueller had another source.

Trump’s attorneys are lobbying Fox and Congress claiming that Mueller got these emails improperly. He obtained them from the GSA as they hosted the transition email server.Trump’s lawyers are claiming attorney client privilege, which is a common refrain for them. In reality, their theory of attorney client privilege isn’t legally enforceable.

The emails are the property of the gov’t because the Transition is governed by federal statute and is a quasi if not actual government organization. The office of special counsel is also a part of the government. Therefore, there is no reason why the government can’t get access to its own emails if there is a good reason to do so for investigative purposes.

Renato Mariotti has succinctly analyzed why the Trumper’s reaction suggests they’re in some trouble here. One thing that stood out to me is Mariotti’s view that if Mueller obtained the emails from a 3rd source (not from Team Trump lawyers) it means that Mueller had reason to believe that Team Trump would hide emails or not be forthcoming. In addition, by getting the emails from a 3rd source, Mueller surprised Trumper interviewees with information that they didn’t know he had. It’s a potential false statement trap.

So Mueller has a whole bunch of Jared Kushner emails relating to Cambridge Analytica and now a bunch relating to the Transition. Mueller will have a pretty good picture of what Kushner was doing from July 2016 - January 2017. Mueller will also have a lot of information to corroborate what Flynn has told him. I think Team Trump is in a very vulnerable spot here which is why they’re lashing out. But I don’t think Trump has much choice but to let Mueller do his work and to have others take the fall while he defends against obstruction of justice.

UPDATE: Buzzfeed (Trump must really hate those guys by now) is reporting that Mueller > requested, in a pair of August letters, “the emails, laptops, cell phones, and other materials” for nine transition team members working on “national security and policy matters” and four other “senior” transition team members."

This list of key members likely matches (and expands on) the number of people referred to in the Flynn Statement of Offense. The GSA attorney said that he informed Team Trump that anything on gov’t devices were property of the government and there was no expectation of privacy. Transition members signed documents which had these statements. The GSA lawyer also said that materials would not be held back in any law enforcement matter. Mueller used a letter request, not a warrant or subpoena. This clarifies that even if the Trump Team were to argue that the transition is somehow a private entity, the terms of the GSA contract they signed a pretty clear. There is no legal issue here.

11 Likes

Friday the 22nd folks. This is the day I think they’re going to try to take it all. They’ll have their tax bill signed by mid week. Friday will be the day before the 3 day Christmas weekend that is followed by a short week and another 3-day weekend for New Years. It’s the perfect time to stage this.

Check your news feed starting late afternoon EST.

1. Trump will fire most of the existing senior staff at the AG office, including Rosenstein. At the same time a major purge of the FBI will also occur with any agent suspected to disloyalty to the administration being removed.
  2. The ‘new’ deputy director will declare that the Mueller investigation is completely compromised and shut it down. It’s a reach, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Mueller were arrested.
  3. Nunes will announce that his committee has finished their work, and that there is absolutely no evidence of any collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. He’ll even apologize to Trump for having doubted him.
  4. Trump will announce pardons for Flynn, Manafort, and Gates.
  5. There will be statements of ‘concern’ from the likes of Ryan and McConnell, but they’ll quickly retreat to ‘presidential prerogative’ and shrug.

This is coming folks. The RNC, Administration, and Congressional leadership all know that they cannot allow Mueller to complete his investigation, because they are all guilty and they know it. They also know that their historic unpopularity means that they can only remain in power by taking it.

They’re going to dare us to stop them and hold them accountable. And make no mistake, they will be playing hardball to make it stick.

2 Likes

I only recently came of drinking age, :grapes: but I applied dog years.

1 Like

Thou still unravished bride of quietness

2 Likes

They will NEVER let Mueller release these emails. He’ll be arrested first.

She looks like a middle aged not so pretty drag queen IMO.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

1 Like

It’s news to me that the US Army is prosecuting anyone. You think the Joint Chiefs would just say sure? I don’t.

4 Likes

Not happening. Lots of civil service employees who do not serve at the pleasure of the President. Trump won’t survive removing Mueller and he knows it. Nothing for him to do but to let Kushner (and possibly Pence) take the fall.

10 Likes

I hope you use that prescience to rake in some serious coin. :wink:

4 Likes

Legal, and binding.

There is speculation the tRump will fire Mueller on the Friday before Christmas and after Congress has gone home.

Good luck with that as Mueller has tied his investigations with those of several state attorney generals including New York’s. He is still accountable for any wrongdoings and cannot issue pardons for breaches of states laws. He’ll eventually be wearing prison orange.

Then we just have to take Pence down.

This isn’t going to go away with his trying to fire Mueller despite all this maneuvering by GOP legislators and Faux State News.

5 Likes

How so? Who in the Army is doing this?

I’ve not heard that and I stay in touch.

O5 (retired)
3/75th
USA

1 Like

Curious to see how aggressively the GOP defends Trump here. Better move is to let Kushner be indicted and let the courts handle it.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available