Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

I was just reading the palmer report and he’s says all this gop anti meuller talk is just for show. He thinks they are doing this so trumps base won’t be angry with them when meuller takes trump down and still vote for them in 2018. Anyone agree with his thinking?

2 Likes

It is entirely plausible.

2 Likes

There was so much talk this week about how PP expects to be exonerated by the end of the year. Lunacy sure, but if it’s remotely true, why would he want to stop it? He thinks he can skate. Even if he is used to pretending to care about Kush, the minute he’s damaged goods that will be gone with the wimp.

3 Likes

He’s already decided to throw Kushner to the wolves.

8 Likes

Is it this one with a link to Axios saying that Mueller has the incriminating emails already and ends with this.

Trump should have fired Mueller six months ago if he was trying to protect himself. Trump doesn’t even understand the game that Mueller is playing.

6 Likes

I will be outside Dana Rohrabachers (my deplorable rep) office ready to march. We can do this. We must do this.

7 Likes

YOU certainly don’t speak for the American people when you allow the treasonous Administration to sell out America’s reputation and place in the world.

3 Likes

It is noteworthy that the GSA attorney felt he had to point this out when it should have been pretty obvious to most people. Shows what a bunch of clowns the Trump team must have seemed to the GSA attorney. By the same token, the Trump lawyer’s argument that Mueller obtained the emails illegally is just pathetic. Is that the best they can do, really?

8 Likes

Unless you’re not a middle aged drag queen.

2 Likes

Exactly. The corruption goes to the core of the Republican Party. They all need to be locked up.

3 Likes

He has several topics on it but yeah it was one of them

I used to read this but over time it became apparent that Palmer Report was mostly Left Wing Fake news, and we don’t need that shit…

It’s more wish-fulfillment stuff. “Trump About to be Arrested!” Well, yeah, when’s that gonna happen? And we know it’s coming from the left because I know it’s coming from known players. Bill Palmer used to run the Daily News Bin, and it was basically a pro-Hillary Clinton “news site.” It was out there to counter misinformation. Which, okay, fair enough. But then he started to reinvent it as a news site, more and more, and he changed the name to the Palmer Report. The stuff that he puts out there, it’s nominally true. When you click on it, it’s some innocuous story [with an outlandish headline]. That is very harmful, I think.

This was part of a more in depth article from The Atlantic It’s lengthy but worth the time to read. We must be as mindful of what we put in our brains as we are what we put in our bodies.

The Rise of Progressive 'Fake News

2 Likes

This is the kind of shit that is so entrenched and stupid and evil that reasoning with the ideologues is a fool’s errand – but it can be fixed by war. The Civil War comes to mind. That would be terrible. Far greater evil was already operative on the eve of the Civil War. Could it have been rectified otherwise? Not on any human timescale. The rot and stupidity and ideology and evil amongst Republicunts is so deep that reason will not dislodge it. That is terrible.

That’s just smoke that his attorneys have been telling him so he won’t blow a gasket. All those Big Macs and Diet Cokes come with a price you know.

“In a closed society where everybody’s guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

4 Likes

Ivan Dobsky: “Ooh, ‘The Carpenters’. They’re me favorite! But I’ll bet Karen’s old and fat by now.”

5 Likes

You are the absolute WORST Cornyn…We will remember how you sold out your country.

3 Likes

Of course, that’s sort of my point. You know it , I know it etc. But him?

3 Likes

Of course, I was referring to the Ty Cobb/Wilford Brimley resemblance (h/t to Michael Che on SNL Weekend Update!)

4 Likes

It is feasible to me. I certainly hope it is true.

I had heard this about the Palmer Report which is not a go to for me, that it was wishful thinking reporting, and the Atlantic explains it. We’re all a little tetched in hoping for different outcomes that we’re getting.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available