Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

Photo of Cornyn after a big week-end at Brokeback Mountain wearing his “big dance” leather jacket!

http://juanitajean.com/john-cornyn-and-the-fringe/

2 Likes

As mentioned previously, I read a lot of John Schindler’s work. This article is worth a read, if only for this strange descriptor of the bizarro world we find ourselves in:

"Dishonest attacks on the FBI & US IC used to be led by the KGB.

Now they’re led by POTUS & his media minions."

1 Like

Follow the money.

Posse Comitatus Act would give Army commanders a way out of using US Army against US citizens

When tRump fires Mueller or Congress defunds his investigation we will have no choice, as patriots, but to go into the streets.

They may not be directly directly fired by the President, but they can be fired by someone the President appoints. In any event, I am not considering that ANY of this will follow the rule of law. People will be illegally fired and the administration will not care. Congress won’t care.

I hope I’m wrong, really, but Trump, Fox, and Congressional leaders are all telegraphing that they’re about to do this by feeding their base with the appropriate amount of vitriol. Democrats are beginning to sound the alarm.

Almost.

There is a method to their madness. There is a goal.

I bought it in vinyl, have it now on a CD which makes me a Luddite, but I can handle it. :laughing: .

2 Likes

Holder speaks for me.

By the way, is Cornyn confessing that the entire Republican Party was lying about candidate Trump? That Mitt Romney is wrong? That President George W. Bush is wrong? That President H. W. Bush is wrong?

There are laws about retaining government documents. I hope that even Beauregard would abide by them. And that there are still some career people at DOJ who would refuse to destroy records of Mueller’s investigation. Remember, too, that there are a number of FBI agents and DOJ prosecutors involved in the investigation (although Mueller has hired a number of people). They would presumably remain in government, at least for a while.

And the people that Mueller has hired would remain. It’s one thing to fire Mueller–it would be as clear an impeachable offense as you could find–but shutting it down is another matter, and firing all of those involved would be still another level of impeachable conduct.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this.

One thing to be careful of here. Nooneisabovethelaw.com is an old right wing wackjob conspiracy site. Trumpisnotabovethelaw.com is using the twitter #nobodyisabovethelaw.

It’s an unfortunate similarity in my opinion. I wish they’d gone for something like #theGOPisnotabovethelaw.

Actually, the real issue here has never been that Trump and his GOP fascists want to be above the law. They want to BE the law. That’s what dictatorships do.

2 Likes

Never said the US Army is prosecuting anyone. I was saying that he can use our military to support extra legal moves on his. part. I have volunteered to teach reading at our local library. Maybe you can join our class.

I’m not comparing FDR to Trump, but he had to sit with our military to make contingency plans in the event we had civil unrest during the Great Depression.

Re-read what I said. Observe the \punctuation.

Cornyn will NEVER be a hero to anyone or anything. He is ALWAYS about the money and power, nothing else matters. Profits over people is what the GOP stands for.

2 Likes

Oh wow I was wondering when we’d hear from Max Headroom … google it

Thank goodness we will have the stalwart leaders of the Green and Libertarian parties to rescue us from treason since I just learned the Democrats aren’t going to do anything. It’s not like fighting the Republicans would guarantee massive political success so they’re just going to sit on their thumbs and we’ll have to hope for the best.

1 Like

I too don’t waste my breath when I know my arguments are without merit and bordering on stupid.

We have the CD too. It is a favorite of ours for road trips. Pop it in and sing out, Almost Cut My Hair!

1 Like

Dude, you really need to assess your priorities and values. To be that cynical is unhealthy. Get help.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available