Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

Yes, this is a big f**king deal when GOP Senator #2 is going after Mueller & staff. You’ve got to think GOP Senator #1 McConnell is on board,too. These are indeed sad days

2 Likes

Good point: framing does matter (although I wish it didn’t seem to matter so much).

1 Like

I like Mark Green…but I will always remember that he gave Alphonse D’Amato one of the great opportunities to perform the most insincere ethnic victim acts ever seen in US politics. Green, who is a 60’s dude, in his campaign for NY US Senate against D’Amato, called Alphonse a “Fascist.” D’Amato, who was one of the worst, most seriously scumbag politicians ever to serve in NY, went on television, and with trembling lips, pretended to be about to cry, weep, and be a total fucking martyr because Green had slurred all Italian Americans …with that well known Mussolini slur…you had to be there, but it was one of the galling moments in life…

2 Likes

Our second-largest state seems to have the lion’s share of complete idiots. If it turns out in Trump’s favor, that’s good- GOP lackeys will accept that! But if Mueller goes against prez Full Diaper…yeah, Cornyn is a law and order guy. Not.

Run for office- the 2018 elections are less than a year away! And if Trump and Louie Gohmert can get elected what’s to stop a qualified candidate?

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump and half of eligible voters stayed home last November. Today’s 12-year olds will be voting for President in 8 years.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly.

Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020, just over 2 years from now, when we redraw Congressional Districts.

And get rid of GERRYMANDERING! Safe GOP seats gave us such intellectual giants as Louie Gohmert and Steve King. In most cases it’s the state Legislature that draws Congressional boundaries. Make it FAIR, OPEN and HONEST! We can do this!

Overturn Citizens United. Money is NOT speech and Corporations are NOT people- at least not until Texas executes one, and overturn any voter ID laws that are clearly an attempt to disenfranchise the poor and people of color.

“If you’re disappointed by your elected officials, grab a clipboard, get some signatures, and run for office yourself.”
-President Barack Obama

“Those who would purposely mislead or seek to confuse others are bad people. Worse, they are evil.”
-Kathleen Parker

You Got To Run!

Remember this Trump henchmen.

Oath of Office. Upon taking office, senators-elect must swear or affirm that they will “support and defend the Constitution.” The president of the Senate or a surrogate administers the oath to newly elected or re-elected senators.

You took an oath to uphold it not create a constitutional crisis. Stop the jibber jabber sit down and shut up and let Mueller a decorated military hero amongst many other things do his job. Or else suffer the consequences

2 Likes

I know it’s hard to believe, but Cornyn is my least favorite senator from Texas.

2 Likes

I cast doubt on Sen. Cornyn’s Patriotism and support of the rule of Law.

3 Likes

Sadly as a Texan Sen. Cornyn represents me. I have voted against him twice now and will do my best to convince my family who has voted for John that he is not representing Texas or America well. This aggression will not stand.

2 Likes

Pathetic x 1000.

Gromilini, you made my day. Keats!!!

1 Like

I, too. live in Texas. Cornyn does not represent either me or you. He represents about 1,000 very rich and influential people around the state and no one else. In Cornyn’s world, the rest of Texas can go pound sand.

2 Likes

Cornyn responded with “But Mueller needs to clean house of partisans.”

If Mueller cleaned house of all team members with partisan leanings, he would have to fire them all, including himself since he’s a Republican. An investigation with no investigators. Cornyn would probably go for that.

I know what you mean. I guess to know him is to really, really, really not love him.

1 Like

I still think, she talks too much…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available