Discussion: GOP Leader Sen. Cornyn Casts Doubt On Legitimacy Of Mueller Probe

O word. hahahahaha love this.

1 Like

Yes, but I think I’d be hard to have a coup without law enforcement and the military behind you, which the “fucking idiot” does not have.

5 Likes

the wife objected, so I went with something classy

3 Likes

you go birdford!

2 Likes

possible complicity

this is Cornyn in '16

this is Cornyn in May '17

"I’ve heard what I think is a phony narrative that he did this somehow to squelch the investigation into Russia, which I don’t believe there’s any evidence of," he said. “But if you assume that, this strikes me as a lousy way to do it. All it does is heightens the attention given to the issue.

So its there, just don’t know by how much

7 Likes

Yep. Sorry to say. He’s one of the early ones in the travesty that is the Texas Republican party

does anyone remember how after September 11th the Republicans made a bit of a show about caring about the SECURITY of our nation? Seems like having someone who can be turned by the russkies might be bad - even for the upper middles and lower uppers. I also seem to remember that in the “good old days” the CIA and FBI would not hire homosexuals because they could be blackmailed, which would lead to them betraying our country - is there something about our current government attitude that I’m not understanding? I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say, at least we don’t have a woman president, because things would be bad

5 Likes

Did you see the piece out of the Dallas News I posted upthread? Complicity is right. Even Obstruction of Justice.

6 Likes

I sure hope you’re right, but I fear this administration and its movement toward fascism has become normalized.

Average person has NO idea what is going on or just how we are sliding into autocracy.
I won’t be shocked if people like Mueller are physically removed from office, files and evidence seized by the Trumpistas.

1 Like

The GOP is now openly the party of corruption. It does not get any more Anti-American than this. Utter disregard for the rule of law.

4 Likes

I read the Palmer Report because he tries to read between the lines. I often don’t agree with him, but then, it’s his opinion only.

1 Like

O for god’s sake - if the average person doesn’t know what’s going on then why are his numbers continually tanking?

You really think Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn are going to take over the country and hand it to Trump? With what army?

7 Likes

Oh but he does speak for the vast majority, Cornholio. Denali is not just a mountain in Alaska.

4 Likes

That’s sooooo huge, and it’s being swamped a bit, but It’ll come back around soon. It’s what we’ve been saying for months. They were ALL in on it.

8 Likes

A lot of tension in that group at the time, thanks to Crosby.

Earlier this year Nash said CS&N would never get together again. “I’m done with Crosby,” he said. “Forever.”

Now we have this: http://variety.com/2017/music/news/crosby-stills-nash-young-reunion-trump-1202391326/

If nothing else, Comrade Cockholster is truly a uniter. Who else can bring Bernie Sanders and Rick Wilson into a political harmonic convergence?

“Everything Trump Touches Dies.”
— Republican political consultant Rick Wilson

Fun Fact: Phil Hartman designed this album cover/logo (among many others).

5 Likes

I never suggested or implied that McConnell or Cornyn “are going to take over the country.”

I’m suggesting that the Trump White House is behaving like nascent autocracies.
By the way, Trump does have an army – the US Army.
He is already prosecuting people who protested against him during his swearing in…

They are setting the stage for a “coup” against the special counsel.

Where have you been for Chrissakes?

Souless…did you see where Ryan is kicking around retiring to do, among other things, some soul searching? Jimmy Kimmel fired back in a tweet “There’s nothing to search for.” BURN!!!

7 Likes

reading it now

its going to be interesting to see how this all susses in the end.

gotta remember that modern day republicans were the ones who either didn’t want any investigations or they wanted em to go after Rice or Yates.

then there’s this guy

I suspect if Mueller gets fired, the FBI will start leaking like a sieve. Probably the IC, as well. All of this that is currently sealed inside an investigation is going to end up in reporters inboxes.

10 Likes

“…They are all nihilists now…”

I’ve been saying this for over a year. Some of my fellow TPM groupies here observed how Trump voters wanted “to blow the place up”. That’s nihilism and it comes with total anger and frustration with the government in power or at least the government you perceive as not caring a whit for you.
They found their nihilist in Trump. He’s currently dismantling our government in a way to serve corporate America and bring us back to the Gilded Age. That means no SS, Medicare, food and drug laws, labor laws – you name it.
Tyrannies came about to protect the wealthy.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available