Discussion: GOP Rep. Gohmert Calls For Robert Mueller's Firing: 'He Needs To Go'

This is just another of the many, many reasons why Gohmert Pyle here is considered the dumbest member of congress.

1 Like

In a House divided, Gohmert Couldnā€™t Even Find His Fā€™ing way Home

The world will little note, nor long remember any thing that Louie Gohmert says here. It is for us the living to be dedicated with increased devotion to the proposition that not all Congressmen are created equal and that Gohmert is as ignornat as a jackass and as stupid as a sack of hammers.

2 Likes

Methinks that with this new Cambridge Analytica/Facebook story, weā€™re getting closer to some House Republicans that were also helped by this dirty politics, collusion-with-Russia bullshit. The panic is getting worse.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure Gohmert is on the Dallas News list of politicians who took Russian money.

6 Likes

Louie Gomer, serial mule-kick victim.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not predicting a soft landing for them, just assuming that if the smarter ones among them see the Trump deal as unsustainable the softest possible landing is a thing a sane person would work toward. They did bounce back pretty quickly after Nixon but that was a different time and party. If they spend 40 years in the wilderness, or disappear except as a rump party in the South and West, that would be something Iā€™d cry happy tears about.

4 Likes

It says more about the gerrymandering in his district. If the weighting of the district is balanced at 75/25, a Democratic candidate hasnā€™t a snowballā€™s chance in hell.

Agreeing with @pluckyinky

1 Like

Hell, you canā€™t even prove he isnā€™t a bean, or paste, or even bean paste.

2 Likes

ā€œBut because we have so many people that have not bothered to do their homework on who Robert Mueller is and the damage heā€™s done, especially to the FBI as director, the thousands of years of experience he ran off that might

Anyone know WTF heā€™s talking about here? Is this some new conservative conspiracy fever dream? Or is it just an old one I havenā€™t heard before?

1 Like

And Ailes and Fox News. All spawned from Nixon revaunchism by angry hyperpartisans who made putting party before country the norm.

7 Likes

Well isnā€™t this interesting:

EXCLUSIVE: Fired FBI official authorized criminal probe of Sessions, sources say - ABC News - https://t.co/RtGYuLdIu9 via @ABC

ā€” Rick Klein (@rickklein) March 21, 2018
11 Likes

yes of course, the Goebbels-arm of the rethuglican party.

2 Likes

That would certainly explain his attack on Mueller and a desire to end the investigation now, wouldnā€™t it.

Itā€™s too late. Whether Mueller is fired or not, itā€™s too late to stop the reveal.

2 Likes

Yeah it is. I had no idea they had even thought of investigating him for that.

Ok Iā€™ve thought all along that Sessions was walking a razorā€™s edge on his recusal with firing McCabe. Now I really think he went over the line - this was within the purview of his recusal. He shouldnā€™t have been able to fire McCabe.

Not to mention obstruction of justice since we donā€™t know if the investigation is still open though they say he didnā€™t know about it (which is also contested - oy vey!)

8 Likes

Theyā€™re giving themselves cover. That way, if the political winds are blowing strongly enough when Muellerā€™s results come in, or thereā€™s enough public backlash against a firing, they can say they supported Mueller all along and join lead join-and-claim-to-be-leading the torches-and-pitchfork mob.

9 Likes

One source told ABC News that Sessions was not aware of the investigation when he decided to fire McCabe last Friday less than 48 hours before McCabe, a former FBI deputy director, was due to retire from government and obtain a full pension, but an attorney representing Sessions declined to confirm that.

Ruh roh.

7 Likes

Andy Biggs is my representative.

At least Gohmert is funny.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how the OOJ statutes would apply to this but I donā€™t think itā€™s kosher to fire people who investigate you. Just seems kinda not quite the thing. Evan Hurst at Wonkette said of a different thing that it goes on Muellerā€™s OOJ pile which is currently one million miles high.

4 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s going to be trouble for Sessions in a big way if it can be proved that he knew.

7 Likes

Go Mueller Go!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available