Discussion: GOP Rep. Gohmert Calls For Robert Mueller's Firing: 'He Needs To Go'

soooooooooooooo, anyone want to tell him that it’s his team that is sponsoring the birth tourism.

Russians Flock to Trump Properties to Give Birth to U.S. Citizens
While the president rails against children of undocumented immigrants, wealthy Russians rent his condos—at huge costs—so they can have American kids.

12 Likes

He couldn’t even properly spell Special Counsel. (He wrote “Special Council” three times in the tweet that was posted on TPM this morning. Dumbshit)

4 Likes

You asked me elsewhere if I thought that Congress had told Trump that they wouldn’t support him if he fired Mueller and I don’t know if I got to answer but I do believe that some of them at least did tell him that. There’s a reason he hasn’t done it.

I can see that soft landing playing out with the Senate. I can’t see it as clearly with the House, but I would believe that completely about the Senate. I think they are trying for that soft landing with all they’ve got.

7 Likes

I think that was Asha Rangappa. I follow her on Twitter. She’s quite good, but I think she hesitates and balks at times at following through on the logical conclusion of where all of Trump’s actions and state of mind lead.

I don’t think Mueller is looking at a report to Congress, though he most certainly will file one and Congress will ask for it. Mueller, imho, is pursuing an indictment strategy, not an impeachment referral strategy. He doesn’t think these crimes are benign or go to political or moral standards. It’s about legal standards and the courts decide that. Impeachment, at the end of the day, is just a fancy term for ousting the CEO. There’s no criminal punishment involved. So even if Trump were impeached and removed from office, that would still be an inadequate remedy for crimes of conspiracy, crimes of concealment, bribery, RICO etc. You’d want jail for something like that. Impeachment doesn’t really speak to it. That’s why Mueller is pushing hard. He’s trying to prove that this was a criminal conspiracy and anyone who participated in it is guilty and should be punished under the law just as if this were a standard drug ring.

21 Likes

You’re right - those are not Trump-written tweets.

He does not know “excoriate.” The closest he would get, possibly, is exfoliate.

6 Likes

якорные младенцы

1 Like

Makes sense to make Gohmert the designated hitter, especially when Trump adds this guy to his attorney collection.

3 Likes

He was a judge, don’t forget!
Ten years…

1 Like

Or as if it was Enron.

7 Likes

I hit reply - was I wrong?

1 Like

Actual billboard currently in Gohmert Country:

16 Likes

Yes, that’s who that was.

1 Like

Talk to my creditors before you gauge my astuteitude. Just spending a snowy day spitballing some if-then scenarios.

3 Likes

. . . and the competition is pretty fierce.

1 Like

Nothing. It says literally nothing that Dems can’t beat a long time Republican in a gerrymandered Republican district. Some people are hardcore Republicans just as others are hardcore Democrats. Such is life.

10 Likes

Go for it Trump. Fire Mueller. It’s all about the second Tuesday in November for me now. Then the House could give Mueller any position he wants in the Impeachment proceedings.

Chief Prosecutor sounds about right.

4 Likes

I don’t think the GOP is supporting Mueller’s work. They’re not anti-Trump. I think they are wary of Trump the way that someone who has been on a long party bender with some dudes becomes wary of the instigator or ring leader. At some point, the ride can only last for so long and people begin to worry about self-preservation. This is unchartered territory in American politics, and many may be wary of acting like the rules can’t apply to them simply because they have nominal political power. It’s possible that the USIC has paid a few of these guys a visit to tell them that stuff will come out if they don’t protect the process. Not saying it happened, but it’s plausible.

I don’t think they have a strategy. They just react when they get a 6th sense that they can’t get too far along the limb. When you’re asking Louis Gohmert to speak out, I just think you’ve got problems.

11 Likes

OMG, that’s great!!!

3 Likes

Not me, I’m a “hardened Democrat.” Comes from huffing epoxy.

8 Likes

That’s awesome.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available