Discussion: GOP Rep. Gohmert Calls For Robert Mueller's Firing: 'He Needs To Go'

as a former babysitter, I think that all babies are terror babies

6 Likes

Me, too. And Iā€™ve got a ā€œDeep Stateā€ hoodie in my closet at home ā€“ I only wear it on casual Fridays at my government job.

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œtena, post:143, topic:69895ā€]
I can see that soft landing playing out with the Senate. I canā€™t see it as clearly with the House, but I would believe that completely about the Senate. I think they are trying for that soft landing with all theyā€™ve got
[/quote]and @mattinpa

Hereā€™s the kind of soft landing Iā€™d like Ryan and McConnell to haveā€¦

5 Likes

Hereā€™s one of POTUSā€™s tweets

Plz excuse me, I need to see if 2016ā€™s continuation is an elaborate hell loop.

3 Likes

Just sayingā€¦ There may be some great comments in here, but your reply is the only one I read!

The things I miss because I hate to waste time on Gohmert!!

1 Like

Someone needs to cast aspersions on his asparagus.

Wellā€¦somebody needs to post a versionā€¦

3 Likes

This makes sense, but I hope youā€™re wrong. It would be way beyond frustrating if the GOP emerged without much taint from the Trump years. They need (for all of our sakes) to learn a larger lesson.

1 Like

It all started when a young true believing ideologue named Newt Gingrich got himself elected in 1974 with a binder full of spiffy ideas on how to advance himself and his party by treating all of the norms, limits, boundaries, and unwritten rules laboriously constructed over nearly two centuries to make our inherently unworkable separation of powers system function as exploitable weaknesses.

Those rules he and his followers, disciples and descendants spent all those years wrecking were there, among other things, to keep the number of outright lunatics in Congress to a bare minimum.

13 Likes

Apparently Louis, few people have done research on you to know what a jack ass you are.

1 Like

Yes. A vote for Gohmert is a terrible thing to waste.

1 Like

"ā€¦ and he should never have accepted. "

But enough about Gorsuch.

1 Like

I shore am glad Private Gohmert ainā€™t threatened in his re-election campaign! Shazam!

1 Like

mix in manafort, stone, atwater, and a few other shitbirds and you have an all star cast of American traitors.

3 Likes

Louie Gohmert is about as brain dead Republican as you can find in that Insane asylum they call the House

That all makes sense. I expressed myself clumsily; I donā€™t think they support Muellerā€™s work but I wondered what their thinking was if theyā€™re genuinely cautioning Trump not to fire him. I do agree a sense of self-preservation is all youā€™d need to keep edging a few steps back from the event horizon. They have to be whispering among themselves that it isnā€™t going to end well and having done a curtsy or two in the direction of the rule of law wonā€™t hurt when it starts to get interesting.

1 Like

O I donā€™t think theyā€™ll be able to have any kind of soft landing. I think the Senate wants that and I still think most of them hate him but by nature they will try work both sides.

Which almost guarantees theyā€™ll blow themselves up.

5 Likes

FWIW I donā€™t think itā€™s productive to spend hours and hours on the man. Dogs bark, sheep go baa, Gohmert says dumb things. But heā€™s kind of a scratching post for folks, and a source of amusement.

4 Likes

Fortunately, Louis Gohmert is widely regarded as the stupidest man in Congress, so its unlikely this or any other of his brain farts will really get much traction.

1 Like

Of course donated NET profits are tax-deductible.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available