Discussion: GOP Rep's Instructions To Aides: No 'Unnecessary Conversation' In The Car

2 Likes

“Always have a camera, and use it liberally.”

Lets hope for some juicy footage. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

How will we deal with this Constitutional Crisis?

4 Likes

Heavy is the head that wears the Burger King crown.

28 Likes

That all seems pretty reasonable. If the worst thing is that a candidate’s driver should have coffee for him and take pictures then it’s pretty mild.

7 Likes

This is pretty run of the mill stuff. I’m pretty sure most people in the public eye have something like this, customized slightly for their particular position.

2 Likes

No GREEN M&Ms

12 Likes

I’m sure he’s a doofus and probably supports a toxic agenda, but as said above, this is standard stuff. A congressman’s handlers are there to protect him from himself and uncontrolled encounters with the press. Al Franken’s new book discusses this in detail.

(Disclaimer: I am fond of black coffee myself, preferably freshly made. )

4 Likes

I’ll take ‘some guy doesn’t want to be photographed with a beverage’ over ‘THE PRESIDENT SYMPATHIZES WITH NAZIS!!!’ any day.

6 Likes

Though I did, in this current environment, that manual could have some thinking that Rokita is an elitist.

8 Likes

Obviously a hit job by his opponent Luke Messer.

People need to look a little deeper into these Troll baits.

Slow news day???

This probably better belongs on TMZ

4 Likes

Haven’t read the full briefing, but I don’t see anything that unusual in the selections from the article.

Just sounds like an executive that’s more on the jerky side of things.

1 Like

I didn’t see where it says how many tissue squares the driver should use when wiping Rokita’s butt. Is there an addendum somewhere?

2 Likes

– “Always have a camera, and use it liberally.”

– But, “[d]o not take photos of TER with a drink visible in his hand.”

This is the funny part: “We know he’s a lush, just don’t show it!”

3 Likes

Yeah, especially if he specified the Clover brewed over the Pike Place roast.

1 Like

Yes, use the camera liberally, you never know when he will finally kiss a baby that doesn’t cry or spit up on him.

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it, but personally I prefer the Arabica.

1 Like

I found it funny how many times he has in there that the handler needs to check to make sure he has his wallet.

2 Likes

These things always make the person sound like a douchebag.

I read Maya Angelou’s requests when our college invited her to speak. I don’t remember specifics, but I distinctly remember feeling that I would never have expected any of this from her.

Usually the person isn’t even aware of the stuff posted in there. It’s usually handled by the agents and secretaries, and they err on the side of stating out every minor thing, rather than leaving it out.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available