Discussion: GOP Rep's Instructions To Aides: No 'Unnecessary Conversation' In The Car

GOP Rep’s Instructions To Aides: No ‘Unnecessary Conversation’ In The Car

What a maroon.

1 Like
One co-author of the eight-page document — which, among many other things, calls for aides to “have a cup of black coffee available” for Rokita every time they pick him up [. . .]

Failure to carry out this instruction will be considered grounds for dismissal.

Having to be reminded to not blow up at trackers is pretty amusing though.

1 Like

There’s a lot here, but it’s not terrible… especially compared to what I heard about some bosses while I was a Hill staffer. I once sat in Sheila Jackson Lee’s office for nearly two hours letting her staffers vent to me. “It’s okay, she’s not here, let it out.”

My boss at the time insisted on driving himself, and on leaving us alone on evenings and weekends. He got agitated when his doctors wouldn’t let him drive while he was recovering from heart surgery.

This one sounds pretty normal.

" time to take a ride, it leaves today, no conversation"
Such prima donna, people can be so odd.
ETA: I do like my quiet time.

One co-author of the eight-page document — which, among many other things, calls for aides to “have a cup of black coffee available” for Rokita every time they pick him up — accused Rokita’s competitor in the upcoming Indiana Republican Senate primary, Rep. Luke Messer (R-IN), of leaking the document, Politico reported.

If I were Rokita, I’d worry less about that leak and more about the leak that his aides will surely have taken in that cup of black coffee that he demands they prepare for him.

1 Like

Lotsa laughs, but there’s really nothing at all unreasonable about any of them. Which leaves you wondering what effect his opponent thinks this will have on primary voters. I think the person who said it’s an attempt to peg him some kind of elitist is probably close to the mark. But he just wants a fuckin’ cuppa black, nothing about a Starbucks Caramel Mocha Mouseshit Swirl Supreme, like the Mooch is always clutching, and he didn’t say “make sure to park the Prius so the absence of exhaust fumes will not be noticed by the garage”, and he didn’t instruct aides to say “we’re sorry but the Congressman has a meeting with Bill Clinton in his limo”. So what the fuck. The elitism tagging long ago took on its own stench of elitism.

– Do NOT say to TER, “Todd we have to go” or “You have an appointment at XYZ.” Instead, gently tug on TER’s harness leash and politely tell the person/people TER is speaking with that it’s nappy-nap time.

1 Like

Is this guy somebody important? I need to know, I guess, because I have never heard of him. He sure thinks He is important.

1 Like

:laughing:

I had this image of a gaggle of very earnest and grossly underpaid staffers competing savagely to offer His Royal High Pomposity that treasured cup’o Joe (black only please) Nescafe instant.

The anal douche nozzle and contents MUST be between 97 and 99 degrees Fahrenheit.

Rule # 127: And in conclusion, ALWAYS be sure to compliment Rep. Rokita on the loveliness of his multiple double chins. And his man boobs are NOT to be subjected to any “Purple Nurples”.
Let’s just try to get this white…I mean right, OK, people?!

I’m reading Al Franken’s book and he constantly talks about his staffers and how they keep him in line.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available