Discussion: GOP Unveils Final Tax Overhaul Bill Friday

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I am snowed in today.
That’s it? Nothing about what is in the bill? Just that they dropped a deuce?
We already knew that.

2 Likes

Smdh. Never saw so many people so frantic to dive headfirst into a wood chipper in my life.

8 Likes

You can tell: Those aren’t the smiles of men who are celebrating the greatest act of altruism of their lives. They are the smiles of men who just made fucking bank and are about to go home, pop a blue pill and spank their monkeys bloody over it.

12 Likes

[What We Know About the Final Draft of the GOP Tax bill]

[1]: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/what-we-know-about-the-final-draft-of-the-gop-tax-bill.html?utm_source=nym&utm_medium=f1&utm_campaign=feed-part

2 Likes

Elections have consequences and we have little power right now to change anything. Let’s just make sure the next one is even more consequential.

14 Likes

Oh and the repatriation of old earnings is a huge gift to shareholders.

Oh, and Apple, etc. will just play this scam again, since there is no reason not to, and it works so well.

4 Likes

The Democratic Wave Election Bill (DWEeB for short) of 2017.

4 Likes

This podcast and article are a severe critique of the economics of the bill, from a Bush appointee–an economist at wharton who worked on the last reform bill.

5 Likes

Franken did nothing even close. I don’t care that these people aren’t in government. Trump is president and he’s done the same or worse.

Disgusting.

6 Likes

Everything you need to know about the GOP’s final tax plan in 3 charts

3 Likes

Some Americans are so godd*mn gullible that they that any repatriated money will go back into the American economy. That’s garbage. All that money is going into shareholder buybacks and massive bonuses for the already insanely rich.

7 Likes

In other news,
“On Friday, Senator Charles Schumer of New York said he would force a vote on the FCC action [vote to undemne net neutrality] under the Congressional Review Act.” https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-internet-vote/senate-democrats-to-force-vote-on-fcc-net-neutrality-repeal-idUSKBN1E92TC

Ajit Pai and Daily Caller team up against net neutrality. (You really do not want to see this video. It is that bad.)
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/harlem-shake-fcc-chairman-ajit-pai_us_5a33d5e6e4b0ff955ad225e4?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Trump Jr has half a brain, and doesn’t understand the internet, nor that Obama appointed Ajit Pai in 2012 for 5 years from Mitch McConnell’s recommendation to fill the required partisan Republican slot, and Fat Daddy Two Scoops re-appointed Ajit Pai in 2017, but as chairman.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/15/donald-trump-jr-had-a-point-about-net-neutrality-then-he-took-it-too-far/?utm_term=.3c4c676d4c0a

1 Like

You’re right - that’s how it works. Our chance to fix this is coming up soon and we will fix this - we turn out like Alabama only more white progressives turning out - the African American voters can’t carry the rest of us - we have to do our part.

I believe we will - we’re poised, we’re pissed.

5 Likes

Final GOP Tax Overhaul Bill Retains Biggest Cuts To Businesses, Wealthy.

Join us for full details tonight at 11, on the next exciting episode of…

Tales Of The Profoundly Unsurprising!

1 Like

The restaurant industry is finally being revealed for what it is. A place for sexual predators who own the restaurants and control the staff. Add this guy who I recently read about to the list, which has Batali and Chiarello on it. Also, Ayesha Curry, wife of our Steph, was to have co-hosted an American version of The Great British Bakeoff, would have been a dynamic break for her career, turns out the co-host was another predator, so the show’s been called off.

trumpp’s going to weaken black lung protection for the group that loves him the most, coal miners. We tried telling them and everyone else.

1 Like

Good - the restaurant business needs to be cleaned up. It’s terrible for that.

2 Likes

Yep. Apple doesn’t need cash to invest with. They have a huge pile–so big that they are actually buying tons of U.S. treasuries. If they had anymore good ideas that needed cash, they’d invest in those, but they’re all set with that funding, and we keep giving them more cash, and lowering their taxes.

They certainly don’t need reptriated cash to invest in any initiatives. So they’ll keep buying debt with it, and we pay them for that too, of course.

1 Like

Anyone still think there is no difference between the parties. Thanks to all the Bernie Bro’s and Stein voters.

3 Likes

Wow. There’s some tidbits in those charts I hadn’t heard before. A $10,000. tax deduction for k-12 homeschooling? No alternative minimum tax for corporations?

I’ve read every article I could on this thing and I still don’t know what effect it will have on me as a self-employed person.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available