Discussion: Gov't: Butina An ‘Extreme Flight Risk’ Who Was In Contact With Russian Intel

First thing I thought of when I heard about Butina.

4 Likes

I thought exactly the same thing…

3 Likes

The FBI resident wizard will have to put an anti-disapparition jinx on he holding cell.

7 Likes

Just in case anyone had any remaining doubts about whether she was SVR or just some random woman associated with a random oligarch.

And just in case anyone still had those doubts after reading Julia Ioffe’s 2012 story about her encounter with her in Moscow.

Oh well, I’m sure there are lots of ways for a Moscow girl to become an expert with a pistol in Russia and end up starting a Russian “gun rights” group that just happens to meet in a former KGB range and just happens to mostly be populated by ex-intel guys.

33 Likes

TPM should start using pictures of Jennifer Lawrence for these stories.

3 Likes

Please please please let lover number 2 be Wayne LaPierre…please please, is that too much to ask the scandal gods?

29 Likes

And then his wife shoots him.

Not advocating gun violence.

Just saying.

10 Likes

Posted yesterday:

And to think I spent $5.95 to rent Red Sparrow on Pay-per-view when I could have have seen the show for free…

11 Likes

“Driscoll argued in court that she did not pose a flight risk because she had chosen to stay in the country even as details of the influence operation she engaged in on behalf of senior Russian official Alexander Torshin were published in the press over the past year and a half.”

Raging hubris, actually, but you really can’t blame her. Blatant treason is all the rage these days. Who KNEW this would actually get her in trouble.

Oh, and I LOVE this:
“Other details included in the document include requests that “U.S. Person 1” complete her schoolwork because her grad school attendance was a “cover,”

So much for the 4.0 that her lawyer was blathering about. Too bad US Person 1 didn’t try thinking with his brain outside the classroom.

Wonder who else she offered her services to? We may have just located the real reason the GOP is trying desperatly to shut down Mueller🤣

21 Likes

“Hi, my name is Mariia. I’m a honey trap, er, grad student.”

11 Likes

Can’t wait for KellyAnn to come to her rescue.

So now having sex is illegal? Lots of grad students have sex. Apparently, liberals don’t think people should have sex anymore.

20 Likes

"and her lack of any meaningful ties to the United States,” I wonder if Erickson is sad to hear this.

6 Likes

Clearly, he was thinking with his little head…

4 Likes

Safe Harbor is any of Trump’s country clubs where she will be treated like a queen and all of Trump’s friend will love her more then our Country.

3 Likes

Steele Dossier rings true…AGAIN…

15 Likes

Who needs fiction these days?

4 Likes

At least this should ensure extensive coverage in the media, nothing like sex and spies…

4 Likes

I want to forge better relations between us. How does your electrical grid work?

22 Likes

Rohrabacher (R-CA) will likely appear as a character witness at her sentencing.

8 Likes

The Simpsons “Crepes of Wrath” episode in their first season foreshadowed this LOL

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available