Discussion: He’s Always Known: Trump Was Told In Jan 2017 That Putin Was Behind Attacks

However, you can place bets that no one will ask him about that comment. Or if they do they will allow him to skate with some wishy washy answer and move along to another meaningless question. The fix is in and no Dim will fight it, other than with the mildest objection.

It is certainly a fact Trump’s sudden resentments expressed against Montenegro had no genesis in his own mind. Putin or some other Russia favoring person planted that seed. His interview with Carlson can be seen as nothing else but as serving notice to Putin the U.S. would look away were he to annex it. Why the hell there isn’t more outrage over that interview is a damned shame.

16 Likes

It would be beyond fascinating to see OSC use Jared as a test case for espionage and treason if he were the divulger just to see what pp’s next move would be. A quick pardon? Or watch him burn at the stake.

Or maybe OSC/IC is going to drip info until dotard just melts down completely.

7 Likes

I completely agree. Brennan called Trump’s actions “treasonous” - a remarkable statement from a former CIA Director towards the current President. Comey is urging people to vote for Democrats. The gloves are off as there’s no doubt this leak came from the IC. I think we’ve reached the endgame here and Congressional Republicans will have to decide, as Hillary wittily asked, which team they’re playing for.

10 Likes

It’ll eventually take on the Turkey model, with Trump conducting a purge of the intelligence services, the FBI, etc. Sort of like Recep Erdoğan’s purge of everyone he suspects of being disloyal. Trump loves the template an authoritarian despot employs.

4 Likes

He’s already done that with the FBI. Although I can’t say our Institutions have stood up as strongly as I would have liked, I trust our Intelligence community will, at the end of the day, stand up for America and force Trump to leave. At least, I certainly hope so.

3 Likes

erica orden
‏Verified account @eorden

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

Maybe not all of them, although Russia could probably figure it out.

5 Likes

Of course he’s always known. Our Intelligence agencies are staffed by professionals who are going to present the President, even PP, with the best information they have.

Hopefully they withheld just enough information that their sources weren’t blown. If their sources have been blown, then they need to share that fact, and if they can prove that Trump blew even one, then he hangs.

2 Likes

“…it is a positive for The Dumpster in that the Mueller investigation has dropped ‘below the fold’.”

I disagree. Helsinki was Trump’s Katrina – it is making people who might have been unsure or skeptical re-evaluate the whole Trump-Putin-Russia thing and makes collusion/conspiracy much easier for them to believe. Just as Katrina made people look back at W’s presidency and realize, JFC, what an incompetent MFer.

7 Likes

Public knowledge of the existence of this meeting is not new. It was heavily covered as a part of the timeline of the Comey firing. What was clear is that out of that meeting Trump had deep suspicions of Comey and the Intel community as he thought they were ‘setting him up’.

It was believed that the reason for his ire was the info on the Steele Dossier and the “Russian hookers”. We now know that the pee pee tape was just a convenient smoke screen for Trump to express outrage and disbelief and to cast aspersions on the entire IC by playing the role of an embarrassed husband insisting that he is being framed and defamed and that he would never do such a thing to his wife. In other words, he didn’t give a shit if there was a pee pee tape. This is a man who was about to face trial for rape before he won the election and the case was dropped. This is a man who is noted for coke parties, cavorting with under age women, and ran a modeling agency which various reports have dropped hints as to suspicions of it being nothing more than a prostitution ring. This is a man who was accused of rape under oath by two different women. He has been associated with sexually depraved, generally creepy and violent behavior for decades. A pee pee tape wasn’t going to faze him.

The real reason he was upset is because he was shown incontrovertible proof of Russian interference in the US elections, including the order signed by Vladimir Putin himself to authorize the attack on the United States. Imagine that you’re Trump, you worked with Putin through various channels to up end the election, leveraged that support, financial and material, to also push the FBI around to release the Comey letter, and you miraculously won, only to find out that the FBI has proof of your conspiracy even before you take office. Would you freak out? Yep.

So what did Trump do? From that day forward, he became single mindedly obsessed with Russia. He knew the FBI had proof of Russia’s interference, but they hadn’t shown him proof of his own campaign’s complicity. Yet he couldn’t tell whether they didn’t yet have the info or they were holding things back intentionally. That’s basically when he declared war on our investigative and intel agencies and our investigators and attorneys. Any time he got a whiff of something coming out about his own involvement (and that of his family, associates and campaign) he worked the political levers to squelch it. He has been hiding the truth from the American people. He has been publicly pretending to reject the truth so that he doesn’t have to act against Vladimir Putin and risk getting outed by the Russian state and also by reporters who would shake the trees. He has been lying to us. He has been deceiving people into thinking that he is delusional or stupid. He is neither. He is crook smart.

Trump is rational. Trump is smart. Trump knows what the evidence says. He has simply been lying about it to keep all of the American people from realizing the truth and acting on it to hold him accountable. He has used every power of the bully pulpit to harass, fire, obstruct, evade and lie. He is a traitor. Separately, he has failed to fulfill the key functions of the job to faithfully execute the laws of the US and to protect and defend the constitution.

We’ve been living with this cancer for almost 2 years. It’s time to excise it.

28 Likes

67 Senate votes. Good luck with that.

1 Like

They’d have to figure out how to serve him with a subpoena first!

4 Likes

Well, I also only have three words for Treasonous BabyClown – “You’re fired!”

1 Like

The Deep State is more than a talking point, who knew?

On Twitter, Channel 4 News had a segment on Trump’s strong support in Michigan even after Helsinki.

@Channel4News

“I’m supposed to change my opinion about a President that’s doing all kinds of amazingly positive things because of a one-hour press conference?”

Supporters of President @realDonaldTrump in Michigan defend his performance in Helsinki alongside President Putin

Hesiod adds an important bit of info.

Something to keep in mind going forward.

5 Likes

Contractions are iffy and undependable in Trump’s world.

1 Like

I honestly think it’s more than plausible that the sole reason PP takes issue with Montenegro can be understood in the last five letters of its name. He’d probably feel a lot better about the country if they changed their name to Monteblanco.

8 Likes

Ha! Indeed a challenge.

Did the reporter ask the natural follow-up: “Like what, specifically?”

1 Like

Start by winning Congress and protecting the Mueller investigation. The indictments by Mueller plus the pressure of a Democratic Congress + naming Trump as an un-indicted co-conspirator will force his resignation.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available